Quark slate blue, gotta have it

Spoke too soon, i read the same on DS site after my comment lol..
The clip appears well designed and functional while clipped into pocket. However, I wonder how that monstrosity feels in hand grip during use?

I think if you liked the former, you'll like the new n improved. It's kinda the same .... only beefier.

jwPtBJb.jpg

No, not so much that I've noticed. Depending on the purchase at hand, it sometimes makes a nice stop.

The two Lovely Mrs Williams sure are understanding of my desire to post before and after A Thanksgiving Dinner that couldn't be beat. The three of us just finished the dishes.

HRace

Newly Enlightened
Ordered!!!!! If you guys want a laugh, just two weeks ago I had Vinh mod one with a 4000k SST-20 led. I love this light and wanted a 4000k version. Normally I'd wait to see how the LED turns out (rosy/ yellow/ green) but with this being only 500 pieces and 20% off, I didn't want to wait. Anxious to check it out. The 319s seem to be yellow-ish and not 219b rosy if I remember correctly but I don't want to make assumptions on this new LED. Excited to see a 90+ CRI version in 4000k.

Anyone who ordered one have testing equipment to measure the color temp, etc? Thanks.

I kept looking to see if Jason had made a blue plastic ring for tail standing. Guessing no since nothing was mentioned and no ring was shown in the product photos. I like the functionality enough that I'm installing it even if there's a color mismatch (black ring clip on blue light).

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
No rose that I can see. There could be some greenish tint, but then again beam is cast on mossy concrete stones, why :shrug:

Someone please show beam shots asap!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 20% discount code is amusing; BYE2020

The upfront integrity emanating from that website is admirable, certainly another good reason to purchase such capable illuminators.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
BYE2020.. My guess owner is college grad who majored in business marketing

I am not easily sold on pretty Lt. blue illuminators..

Why not post some decent beam shots on his website?

wweiss

Enlightened
I wish there were beam shots - buying a flashlight without seeing the beam (however limited it can be shown in an image) is like buying a car without driving it. Seeing the ratio of flood/spill to throw would be nice.

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
I imagine the beam with be identical to the black quarks as it is the same led just alittle warmer

HRace

Newly Enlightened
I wish there were beam shots - buying a flashlight without seeing the beam (however limited it can be shown in an image) is like buying a car without driving it. Seeing the ratio of flood/spill to throw would be nice.

I don't think any verbal description will satisfy your curiosity vs actual beam shot pics but it's actually a really useful beam! The spill is wider than malkoff MDC AA (identical to the McGizmo haiku reflector I believe). So that's what I notice right away. The hotspot is a bit tighter than malkoff MDC AA and the transition from hot spot to spill is a bit more pronounced where the MDC is really smooth transition. I've grown to really enjoy using this. It's a very balanced beam, not all throw, not all flood. Maybe that helps someone just a bit. It's almost the same as the spill width on the alpha, which is impressive. It's so light weight that I find myself using it all the time instead of other heavier (more annoying to carry) lights. This description is of the black quark, not this slate blue. I hope it's the same since the LED size and shape are the same.

Last edited:
I don't think any verbal description will satisfy your curiosity vs actual beam shot pics but it's actually a really useful beam! The spill is wider than malkoff MDC AA (identical to the McGizmo haiku reflector I believe). So that's what I notice right away. The hotspot is a bit tighter than malkoff MDC AA and the transition from hot spot to spill is a bit more pronounced where the MDC is really smooth transition. I've grown to really enjoy using this. It's a very balanced beam, not all throw, not all flood. Maybe that helps someone just a bit. It's almost the same as the spill width on the alpha, which is impressive. It's so light weight that I find myself using it all the time instead of other heavier (more annoying to carry) lights. This description is of the black quark, not this slate blue. I hope it's the same since the LED size and shape are the same.

I'm always hesitant to put too much stock in beam-shot-tint pictures. Between camera settings and monitor settings there's a broad spectrum of possible variance.