Question about a recently aquired Tacstar T6 Baton 4xAA

elseis66

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I just purchased a Tacstar T6 baton light that holds 4Xaa and I have a few questions concerning the drop-ins I can use. The light claims to make 6v using 4 aa's and I was wondering how a 6v xenon will run on 4 eneloops, will it run or does it need alkalines to reach 6v? I was also thinking about buying a 7.2v xenon drop-in and running 4 NIZNs. Does anyone have a suggestion for a bright 7.2v xenon lamp assembly. I was also thinking about buying an XM-L LED drop-in but am also having a hard time deciding on wich one will be the best one without having to spend upwards of $60 buck on a thrunite or nailbender. Are the solarforce XM-ls very bright. I am very exited about this light because I have finally found a light that can theoretically run aa's with enough voltage to produce a nice beam pattern incan using aa's.

tacstart6baton.jpg

elseis66

Newly Enlightened
Anyone? I was wantng to place an order for drop-ins today but wanted a little guidence first. I was also wandering if some of the higher voltage drop ins may continue to operate and lower lumens as the voltage of the 4 aa's drop?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Not any responses and maybe because this light is rarely discussed on CPF. Have you checked the Tacstar web site for drop-ins or LED heads, if any?

Bill