Question about Mag85

Joseph

Enlightened
Sorry if these questions are already answered, but I couldn't find where to get the reflector and potted 1185 for Mag85. Can I still get them? or do I have to make them myself? The latter seems to be impossible anyway.. Pheww~

BTW, isn't it possible to use 7 alkalines instead of 9 rechargable AAs by connecting +&- of the two empty holders with some wires?

Thank you! I'll wait for your replies!

RussH

Enlightened

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somebody in the "dealers area" is talking about having potted WA bulbs made.

Carley has Al reflectors but I don't know if you can buy just 1. Somebody is hinting at a group buy of reflectors sometime soon.

Until then stuff 7 alkalines in there with a Radio Shack KPR118 bulb and have fun with it. (Maybe 8 will work, I haven't tried that yet.)

paulr

Flashaholic
Mag85 with alkalines would be ridiculous. Runtime with seven brand new alkalines would probably be less than 3 minutes before significant dimming. Maybe less than 1 minute. Then you have to throw the alkalines out and buy more new ones.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
In some previous discussion someone told me that the 1318 bulb will run on 8xAA and pull 1.93 amps. I'm wondering if this one would run with Alkalines. I think it is approximately half as bright as the 1385 though.