Question About STreamlight Twin Task 2L

Beaver_2

Newly Enlightened
I think I will get it for my bro for Christmas because its pretty inexpensive and can totally out do a maglite for its size. But is it possible to run it off a 17670? If so, does it lose any brightness? And just for a crazy idea, has anyone ran a stiron bulb in it with 17670?
Thanks guys.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I will get it for my bro for Christmas because its pretty inexpensive and can totally out do a maglite for its size. But is it possible to run it off a 17670? If so, does it lose any brightness? And just for a crazy idea, has anyone ran a stiron bulb in it with 17670?
Thanks guys.

17670 will fit but 18650 won't.
Brightness will be less than 2 primary 123 specially on incand mode and yellower but not very noticeable on LED mode.
Strion bulb won't fit properly.

Beaver_2

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone tried modding the bulb to work?
Or is there any 7.2V bulbs that are compatible with the 2L so I could use RCR123As with it without destroying the bulb.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you getting this because it is an incandescent, or just because it is brighter and smaller than a Mag light. I would just get a good LED light if you don't care about having an incandescent light.
Or is there any 7.2V bulbs that are compatible with the 2L so I could use RCR123As with it without destroying the bulb.

Illum

Flashaholic

If the streamlight TL3 bi-pin can fit it'll work. I've ran the TL3 lamp in a SL Scorpion before, melted a hole on the polycarbonate window:green:

but expect to fry all the LEDs

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TL-3 lamp will not work because the legs are too short. The LED's will work with RCR123 batteries.
If the streamlight TL3 bi-pin can fit it'll work. I've ran the TL3 lamp in a SL Scorpion before, melted a hole on the polycarbonate window:green:

but expect to fry all the LEDs

Beaver_2

Newly Enlightened
Are you getting this because it is an incandescent, or just because it is brighter and smaller than a Mag light. I would just get a good LED light if you don't care about having an incandescent light.

Well mainly I just want to get him a good made in USA light that has the ability to last more than an hour when such brightness isn't necessary. I also was considering a ProPolymer 4AA but its a bit on the large size. I thought the Twin task 2L had good portability and brightness. But I need to run off rechargables because the batteries are too much.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight is assembled in the USA, but not made in the USA. Are you set on made in the USA?
Well mainly I just want to get him a good made in USA light that has the ability to last more than an hour when such brightness isn't necessary. I also was considering a ProPolymer 4AA but its a bit on the large size. I thought the Twin task 2L had good portability and brightness. But I need to run off rechargables because the batteries are too much.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast

You might be able to modify the plastic socket to use 1499 with 2xRCR123 but the problems are:
1- Plastic socket will melt.
2- Current draw of 1499 is way over 2C for RCR123
3- Total voltage may fry LEDs
Second choice is to use Twin Task 3AA with Eneloops.
If 3AA is too long, swap the bulb of 2L with Twin Task 3AA/3C bulb and run it with single 17670
To boost the brightness a bit, bore out the barrel and use single IMR18650
I hope this helps.

Beaver_2

Newly Enlightened
The 3AA bulb would yield a lot whiter bulb compared to just popping in a 17670 right? And would still be able to come close to the oringal 2L on standard lithium batteries in terms of brightness?

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the TwinTask series had a rechargeable model?

You could get a scorpion and put a strion lamp in it and use 17670s.

If you want to go a little more in cost, just get him the strion w/ charging cradle.