RARE MAGLITES

Skier

Newly Enlightened
First... there are significant tint variations on ANY color run.

Second... in this thread look at the top pic, top row, 3rd from right. That should be 'jade green'.

Lime would be bottom pic, top row, 3rd from left AND bottom pic, bottom row, far left.
Nice collection and display scheme.

borrower

Enlightened
Some ebay buyers are wrong by accident; some are wrong on purpose. To my eyes, yours was clearly lime. If the linked thread above doesn't convince them (or possibly the ebay dispute people, though I frankly doubt they're worth much), work to get the flashlight back and give them a refund.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some ebay buyers are wrong by accident; some are wrong on purpose. To my eyes, yours was clearly lime. If the linked thread above doesn't convince them (or possibly the ebay dispute people, though I frankly doubt they're worth much), work to get the flashlight back and give them a refund.
Ebay has gotten worse and worse. They never back the seller they'll take the buyers word always no matter how wrong they are. I only sell stuff on Facebook now and only take Friends & Family for payment. I still buy a ton of stuff on ebay though.

Hoping y'all can help me out with a light I acquired. I know it's 1981 3D but it has a re-chargeable end cap. I think it's one of the early Pharo-Tech or Luma-Tech conversions but it looks a little different than others I have seen. The serial number of the light dates to early 1981 just after the "Paten Pending" was removed when the patent was approved. I'm sure there would have been another piece with this that charged the light similar to the one in the picture below.

RtLhkqX.jpg

4Dc8anU.jpg

kYvcBKG.jpg

z740Gep.jpg

0wuAUlC.jpg

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
My widebody 6D Maglite (all digit serial) came in today.
  1. ® Bezel
  2. 499XXX serial
  3. Plastic switch retaining ring
Now my 3D (recently rebuilt with a switch from Don Keller!) and 4D have a big brother...

D1CIrbl.jpg

XBEHJ5h.jpg

Left to right 4D, 6D, 3D. Not a Panther-logo to be found.
The 4D and 3D both have "TM" bezels.
kc2sRMY.jpg

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried bead blast finishing at a very low psi?

Use recycled glass bead (fine dust) and just enough pressure to soften the smooth shiney finish. Keep nozzle rotating in a circular motion. Do Not hold in one spot. Even at lowest pressure plastic is soft and chrome finish will peel off. Steel reflectors work the best.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Acrylite lenses from flashlight lens dot com clean up the beam very well without affecting throw much at all. It's a slightly diffused ultra clear polycarbonate lens.
I tried the sputter with clear engine paint versus the acrylite and the acylite left the sputtered reflector in the dust when it came to cleaning up filament shadow without affecting that Maglite bazooka beam.
If I recall they run about $10 shipped.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acrylic lens cost not much more than a can of spray paint..

The micro satin finish created by ultra fine glass powder applied at 5-8 psi removes artifacts while not reducing throw. Of course not everyone owns a blast cabinet, but they're easy to construct..

PK FL2LE has AR glass lens

Attachments

• IMG_20220506_094524789_MP.jpg
    IMG_20220506_094524789_MP.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 79

fidusinski

Newly Enlightened
I have a question. Is the one in the attached photo Jadge Maglite? best regards Artur

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-20-21-54-18-188_com.ebay.kleinanzeigen.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-20-21-54-18-188_com.ebay.kleinanzeigen.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 83

turbodog

Flashaholic
That looks like jade to me. Have you compared to my minimag color thread?

top picture
top row
3rd from right

I would have to take them down and look at my note inside the light, but I'm pretty sure that is jade.

fidusinski

Newly Enlightened
I have the opportunity to buy it. is it worth buying? Four D batteries

Attachments

• 0aa8ada5-0c25-41de-b32b-3d4dd514bece.jpg
    0aa8ada5-0c25-41de-b32b-3d4dd514bece.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 71

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the opportunity to buy it. is it worth buying? Four D batteries
You asking about the Jade one or the black one in the picture?

The black one in your last post has a little "TM" to the right of the MAGLITE on the bezel, so it's fairly rare. The Jade one has the panther-logo so it's not that old, just a rare color.

I can't tell you how much they're worth and if it's worth buying it, it's really about how much it means to you and what you're comfortable paying. My first serious flashlight was a 4D from around 1990. I carried it EVERYWHERE, so I'm a big fan of old 4D Mags which is why I bought another one that sits in a hallowed place in my shop. The original one was lost to battery corrosion. I keep my current ones without batteries to avoid risk of alka-leakage unless I plan to use them. That being said, I haven't paid more than $30-$40 USD for an old Mag but that's a personal decision based on my budget and when they pop-up for sale if they're the kind I want.

fidusinski

Newly Enlightened
You asking about the Jade one or the black one in the picture?

The black one in your last post has a little "TM" to the right of the MAGLITE on the bezel, so it's fairly rare. The Jade one has the panther-logo so it's not that old, just a rare color.

I can't tell you how much they're worth and if it's worth buying it, it's really about how much it means to you and what you're comfortable paying. My first serious flashlight was a 4D from around 1990. I carried it EVERYWHERE, so I'm a big fan of old 4D Mags which is why I bought another one that sits in a hallowed place in my shop. The original one was lost to battery corrosion. I keep my current ones without batteries to avoid risk of alka-leakage unless I plan to use them. That being said, I haven't paid more than $30-$40 USD for an old Mag but that's a personal decision based on my budget and when they pop-up for sale if they're the kind I want.
Sorry to post under the post. I asked for black and only for collectors, not $ value. Thank you for your response