Rayovac rechagable at walmart

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rayovac is back with a dandy at walmart. It is around the size of a standard 3aaa light, but it's rechargable. 320 lumens on high lasts 3 hours and a 122 lumen (I think) low lasts 4 hours according to the package. It also has a strobe feature. I tried it out in walmart and the hotspot is smaller than the warkus fc11 and seems to have more candella to it. It has a spill, but it is more noticeable on strobe. It costs $9 something. It would make a good gift this Christmas. I'd like to have one myself even though I already have many lights. Bykfixer, you might be interested in that.

Reactions: xxo

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I wonder what battery it has in it and is it swappable or not as it is quite possible they could put a lower capacity battery in it.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know. I would have looked, but it was in a package. Seems to have good battery life kinda.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
I picked one up cuz why not. It does what it says. High lasts a bit longer than stated, probly a small step down but not really noticable. The battery is probly 2000-2500mah. Far as I can tell it won't come out without breaking something. The only unscrewable part I can find is the bezel and lens. Charges quite slowly to full. But seems to be a perfectly usable laymans light for the money.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I picked one up cuz why not. It does what it says. High lasts a bit longer than stated, probly a small step down but not really noticable. The battery is probly 2000-2500mah. Far as I can tell it won't come out without breaking something. The only unscrewable part I can find is the bezel and lens. Charges quite slowly to full. But seems to be a perfectly usable laymans light for the money.

For $10 if you can get use it and recharge it 10 times it comes out a lot better than all the overpriced 3AAA LED lights out there IMO.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm seeing some 1200 mAh 18650 lights pop up in stores like Big 5 Sporting Goods for $10. I bet this is one of them. 122 lumens for 4 hours isn't that great. A Klarus light will get 17 hours at 100 lumens on a 3400 mAh 18650. Even if it's only 1200 mAh, it's a step up from 3AAA, and it's usb charging gets okay rechargeable lights out to the masses for cheap. It's a good gift light, but it's not going to replace a good edc light anytime soon.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I'm seeing some 1200 mAh 18650 lights pop up in stores like Big 5 Sporting Goods for $10. I bet this is one of them. 122 lumens for 4 hours isn't that great. A Klarus light will get 17 hours at 100 lumens on a 3400 mAh 18650. Even if it's only 1200 mAh, it's a step up from 3AAA, and it's usb charging gets okay rechargeable lights out to the masses for cheap. It's a good gift light, but it's not going to replace a good edc light anytime soon.
122 lumens is useful but 300/122 is not a very useful output selection for a 1200mah light IMO you could use a lower mode like 30-50 lumens IMO.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's another comparison for runtime and brightness. I just got a Litezall 2 mode usb rechargeable hanging portable light bulb from Big 5 (on sale for $5, was $10). It has a 1200 mAh 18650 battery and advertises 3 hours at 200 lumens and 6 hours at 100 lumens. The Rayovac probably doesn't have a higher capacity battery. Still not a bad price for what you're getting, for either light.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Picked up one of these today, probably going to Mom. Looks great for $10 but the cool led doesn't work for me.
I did see a different light, I think for the holidays… Ozark Trail rechargeable 1000 lumen "hand warmer" flashlight. We've referred to over driven lights for years as hand warmers, I hate to think of how this one is accomplishing this.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Picked up one of these today, probably going to Mom. Looks great for $10 but the cool led doesn't work for me.
I did see a different light, I think for the holidays… Ozark Trail rechargeable 1000 lumen "hand warmer" flashlight. We've referred to over driven lights for years as hand warmers, I hate to think of how this one is accomplishing this.
I thought someone said it was 5000k--I think that is neutral or am I wrong? Then again some might be more cooler than others.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
5000 kelvin is on the cool end of neutral GP.

My local Wal Mart is pretty slack in the "camping" flashlight section. Coast and Ozark Trail mostly. They have a bunch of "automotive" type of flashlights in the car wash/ floor mat area but those too are pretty much not so great. Hyper-Tough brand. I have several 2aa Hyper-Tough penlights.

Maybe they'll have one of those rechargeable Rayovacs next time I'm there.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought someone said it was 5000k--I think that is neutral or am I wrong? Then again some might be more cooler than others.
Research has taught me that when you say '5000K', you've said an absolute measurement with defined reference parameters. As soon as you say 'neutral', you have entered the realm of the subjective. What Bykfixer indicated is almost certainly in line with conventional subjectivity (particularly in artificial lighting circles, such as flashlights), and thus is a good general guide when reading / understanding posts here. He's not wrong about that. However, 5000K is however it appears to you, and you are not 'wrong' either. There is no absolute reference for that subjective term (AFAIK), and its meaning varies depending on who is using it (which is why I don't use the term personally). We all know what 5000K looks like (I think), and that's all that matters 'at the end of the day'.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
43AD8B65-9A08-4AED-A483-0E5E85016B1E.jpeg

Some might say the spool on the left looks like a cool white.

9C6364F0-76B4-4FA6-B0BE-C38725E9266D.jpeg

Until cast against pure white. Some might now call it neutral.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
5000 kelvin is on the cool end of neutral GP.

My local Wal Mart is pretty slack in the "camping" flashlight section. Coast and Ozark Trail mostly. They have a bunch of "automotive" type of flashlights in the car wash/ floor mat area but those too are pretty much not so great. Hyper-Tough brand. I have several 2aa Hyper-Tough penlights.

Maybe they'll have one of those rechargeable Rayovacs next time I'm there.
That's about all Bessemer walm*rt has with the addition of a new energizer tac light for 8 something. They also still had the cheap plastic ones and the rayovacs with multiple emitters. Aint tellin on here which walm*rt has the goodies.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Yes you have to click through all modes to turn off. I would disagree with 5000k. It's cooler than that. Its not a flashaholics light, or beam. But for less than $10 it'll work fine for the layman.

Reactions: xxo

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be soooooo 2016.
Yup. I don't why they still make lights like that, having to click through low is bad enough, but strobe too? Why even have strobe?

I also don't see why they advertise it as a 18650 light when tyou can't remove the battery?