razor blade or electric shaver?

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh, show up with electric green hair. She might let you shave it then. :)

BTW, there are temporary hair dyes that shampoo out. :)

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
No one here using a straight edge or safety razor? We sell a lot of those now..

Ve just been loaned a safety razor.. been looking at the WWII issue ones on eBay but not sure bout those. Found a stork Titanium razor handle and looking at some bog oak silver tip brushes. So want to get away from the modern money making machine and chemical stuff etc

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Ve just been loaned a safety razor.. been looking at the WWII issue ones on eBay but not sure bout those. Found a stork Titanium razor handle and looking at some bog oak silver tip brushes. So want to get away from the modern money making machine and chemical stuff etc

Everybody wants the Merkur or Parker razors, with Feather or Astra blades. Taylor or Cremo shaving cream, huge sellers. All on Amazon, per usual..

StarHalo

Flashaholic
To be honest I steer clear of amazon or ebay... rather go direct

The way razor companies made sure you had to buy their expensive cartridges is by making sure that's all that was available at your local store; if you lock yourself into that ecosystem, then you've locked yourself to their business model. The way out is to look elsewhere.

scout24

Flashaholic
Safety razor of unknown lineage, with Gilette Silver Blue blades. Regular bar soap lather as cream. You can keep all the fancy stuff... :)

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gillette safety with Merkur blades when in a hurry and a straight when I feel like it. Badger brush and shave soap. Haven't used those crappy 5 bladed things in years. If you can hone a straight, you can really get a nice edge on your pocket knife... or leather tools!

scout24

Flashaholic
LOL! Are full beards still a thing? :nana:

~ Chance

I know this is a couple years old, but it is relevant. I've been going bald for years, and buzz my hair down to stubble every couple weeks. Not shaved, but close. I'm almost a month into growing a full beard after having a rockin' full goatee for a bunch of years now. Just shaving my neck, and touching up by the cheekbones a bit. Beard should be good in the winter here! :)

I've asked the Lovely Mrs. Gardiner if I should/could shave off what's left of my hair. She has always answered with a resounding "No!" No matter to me, one way or the other; just something different for a while.

~ Chance

I gave the Braun some time off last winter.

~ Chance

Taking a selfie at 59 seems kinda sad to me. However, I'm the only one in the family that takes pictures.......

PcQNzqZ.jpg

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have always had funny skin, with any electric shaver i get really bad razor rash, when i use razor blades i get cut to pieces blood ever-where, So for the lest 30 years i have used a beard trimmer every couple of day`s, But i still buy electric and the odd wet shaver now and then in case they are magic.

Oh, I by the was i am a pasty skin white guy (red razor rash) :eek:

John.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
So for the lest 30 years i have used a beard trimmer every couple of day`s,
I´ve changed from electric shaving to using a beard trimmer for the last 3-4 years. In my early years I used a razor..... until my skin said no. Then electric until my skin said no...... and now the beard trimmer twice a week (rarely three times). It´s alo a matter of wasted time..... I´d rather sleep those few minutes instead of shaving myself.

Eric

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I gave the Braun some time off last winter.

~ Chance

Taking a selfie at 59 seems kinda sad to me. However, I'm the only one in the family that takes pictures.......

PcQNzqZ.jpg
That's a good pic CG.
Looks like a family member took it.

IMG_20171016_212828.jpg

Here's me pretending I hate selfies...
Took the pic with my right hand while pretending to do the whole "don't take my picture" thing with my left...

Trac II got the month of October off so far

david57strat

Enlightened
I've owned numerous electric shavers; but I will always prefer shaving with shaving cream and a decent razor. Nothing feels as close, to me, anyway - and I've been doing it that way for at least thirty-five years. I'll never go back to electric.