razor blade or electric shaver?

PartyPete

Enlightened
Electronic definitely is not preferred but as a quick way to get rid of stubble it is decent. However past a few days of growth it's like trying to cut a foot of grass with a crappy push mower.

I'm not much of a shaving connoisseur, so I use Schick mainly. Gillette is good but the blades wear too fast for me.

XR6Toggie

Newly Enlightened
I have a Merkur safety razor and Astra blades. I use a badger hair brush and Proraso lather/aftershave cream. I get razor burn pretty badly from the Gilette multiblade razors and electric shavers leave a terrible fuzzy aftermath. I only need to shave every second day thankfully.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I choose a Braun and love it.

+1.

I bought an entry level Braun 5 years ago for ~$40, I buy a new $30 new blade cartridge once a year. Cheap, easy and fast no muss no fuss. I don't have time to "learn the art" of straight razing either. It is just a task I want to complete and move on with the rest of my day.

lichan

Newly Enlightened
I buy the cheapest multipack of plastic dual blade razors, usually Bic or Personna, and shave every few days without soap. When it starts to drag, I throw it away and get a new one. I have a beard/mustache, so I just scrape my neck, some on the cheeks and below the lower lip. It's the quickest, least involved way. Occasionally I do use shaving cream and it is closer but it doesn't last appreciably longer.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a clone of the Merkur Futur Adjustable, It`s so heavy and slippy it`s a pain to use, and this is the matt version, not the chrome, which i can only expect is harder to hold.

A beard shaver is the best with my super sensitive skin.

John.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edwin Jagger double edge with Derby blades, really cheap and works well for me. Head is just heavy enough to do most of the cutting action by itself.
Gave up the multi-bladed scam razors, they don't work as well and cost a small fortune.

I have an electric and but it really isn't worth a damn for more than some small stubble.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just reviving this thread to say...
I've been wet shaving forever and slowly got sucked down the multi blade cartridge route, until I looked at the cost.
I bought a Merkur Futur a few months ago and with a complete change in my shaving method have just - this week - achieved a blood free shave.
Until tonight when i chopped a slice from the side of my nose.
CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

I have to say that I've never managed such a fine shave before this razor.
For the record I'm using Johnson's Baby Oil and Aqueous Cream with four passes.
P

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Feather AS-D2 for me after I wasted £100's on a Weber and a Wolfman Guerilla! Feather is a NICE shaver mild but very efficient. I need to do a video on it soon along with the Muhle Carbon Fiber Badger brush

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Santa brought me a beard trimmer.

IMG-20181221-170454.jpg