• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

RC40vn670 - RC40vn40 - X65vn2870 - TK75vn1670 - TK75vn Ideal - TK61vn Ideal

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
TK61vn Ideal

Left switch control:
4*XHP70 5700K HCRI mule
DriverVNX2
Flat wall of light
Lumen: 8500
Lux: 6K
Throw: 155m

Right switch control:
28 XPL HI V3 6500K
Carclo narrow optics
DriverVNX2
Large filled hot spot with very minimal spill
Lumen: 11,500
Lux: 100K
Throw: 632m

Combined Performance:
Lumen: 19,000
Lux: 102K
Throw: 639m

I find this light extremely attractive as the performance numbers are very respectable especially when considered how well heat is managed. ;-)
The 4 XHP70 mule gets 70% of all my lighting needs.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
Wow,,,,a super power boosted TK61vn!:eek:

Its first cousin V4 is going out w/ my newly acquired TN42vn,,,,,,,,ITS DARK IN 10 MINUTES!:naughty:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
....and the hits keep coming!

I'm not into big lights but had I the cash I'd go for the ideal over almost anything else in its size.

Even as an area light on low modes with that many emitters it must be pretty efficient with tons of lumens at a trickle of current.

Love to see some beam shots !

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
....and the hits keep coming!

I'm not into big lights but had I the cash I'd go for the ideal over almost anything else in its size.

Even as an area light on low modes with that many emitters it must be pretty efficient with tons of lumens at a trickle of current.

Love to see some beam shots !

Beam shot tonight. Hope the owner doesnt me me taking his light out LOL ;-)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Aw darn it! Bad news. TK61 host is no longer in production. Look like I will have to cancel some orders.

ChrisDonaldson

Newly Enlightened
Re: RC40vn670 - RC40vn40 - X65vn2470 - TK75vn1670

TK61vn Ideal
$ 1,340.00

Most Balance TK61vn
Huge custom aluminium heat sink
Polished DHT bezel
4 Sony VTC5 included
Heat well controlled - Long turbo run time

Left switch control:
4*XHP70 5700K HCRI mule
DriverVNX2
Flat wall of light
Lumen:
Lux:
Throw:dd

Right switch control:
28 XPL HI V3 6500K
Carclo narrow optics
DriverVNX2
Large filled hot spot with very minimal spill
Lumen:
Lux:
Throw:

Combined Performance:
Lumen:
Lux:

Throw:

Vinh, that's truly a work of art.

Also, what's the latest on the 100k lumen Apex Lux?

Last edited:

flashaholic1

Enlightened
I think I like tk75vn ideal. Tk75vn body is smaller even if you use extended kit.. tk75vn XML PDT on the left. Tk75vnq70 on the right.
upload image online free

Hey NL, you have the extended kit on your TK75vnQ70?? I thought Vinh said do not do that unless yours before he did the carrier upgrade that now pushes out a bit of extra lumens? As stated on skylumen.com "This extension will make any TK75vn version that shipped before 12/12/2015 brighter." i'm confused now lol

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey NL, you have the extended kit on your TK75vnQ70?? I thought Vinh said do not do that unless yours before he did the carrier upgrade that now pushes out a bit of extra lumens? As stated on skylumen.com "This extension will make any TK75vn version that shipped before 12/12/2015 brighter." i'm confused now lol
I have been having the exact same question for a few months now:

TK75vnQ70 with carrier upgrade: Extended runtime kit: OK, or Not ok?

I would email Vinh and ask him, but I know that he is super busy.

ven

Flashaholic
From past its not been advised to run a kit with a modded carrier, maybe the modded carrier without the polarity protection allows for the amps to flow easier.......

Best and easiest option for run time kits is to just buy 2 of them, use together then no issue. Use modded carrier on its own.................just a thought.

drummer132132

Enlightened
I've asked about extension tubes. From what I understood if you have the xml2 version you can run extension tubes with any version of carrier. Slight modded vs aggressive. If you have the Q70, this is where info gets spotty, you can run an extension tube if you have the less aggressive carrier for both the light and extension tube. The aggressive carrier mod you cannot run an extension tube.

Difference between the aggressive carrier vs slightly modded version is lumen output.

ven

Flashaholic
Yes the polarity protection removed, allows the juice to flow better(less resistance). Flip side is , you must be extra careful to make sure the cells are loaded correct.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh say it's ok to use extended runtime kit. That's why I am using it. I bought extended runtime from him. It had battery carriers wiring.