Rechargeable Headlamp for Bench Work

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I just can't get over the fact that the Wowtac looks cheap especially with that dollar store push button cover on the end. No issues with the push button?
No problems with it at all so far and I've used it almost every day here. The light doesn't feel or look cheap at all to me.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Wowtac is made by Thrunite, not Nitecore.

I have experience with Armytek's plastic holder and many of the rubber ones. Armytek's design is more comfortable, and more convenient to install/remove.

My bad on the nitecore ..... the plastic holder supplied with it was good, I just bought a separate one off Ebay for about $4 that is a little more comfortable but fits a little different making it slightly harder to pivot and has a green holder with a camo band. I rarely remove the light from the band so it being a little harder to remove in the replacement band isn't an issue. The Fenix headband/holder is less comfortable due to it being hard plastic with no padding depending on the headband material for cushioning. I removed the top strap on both headlamps as it makes it a lot quicker/easier to use if you take it off/on a lot.

Personally I sort of like the Fenix HL50 holder cept it would probably slowly scratch off the finish it is a spring metal clip.
One thing about the Fenix headlamp is the holder does allow easy replacement/swapping of headbands if you are using these headlamps without a top band you tend to put them on a little tighter which will slowly stretch the band out over the years needing replacement at a future time.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
as far as holders go, the best one yet, that i used came with $12 no name light, which actually pleasantly surprised me all around, worth much more than 12 bucks i paid for it. so i ordered 3 more.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I was wrong..... the holder I bought costs $2.79 from China and well worth twice that IMO.

JatoTheRipper

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty sure I've chosen the Skilhunt H03 RC. What batteries and external charger would you guys recommend?

JatoTheRipper

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the Skiohunt H03 RC direct. Still waiting for a tracking number. Emailed them today.

I also ordered an Xtar Dragon VP4 Plus charger and some KeepPower 3500mAh Sanyo NCR18650GA batteries from Illumn. I have to say I'll never order from Illumn again. I spent over $100 and they shipped my stuff in a thin FedEx envelope that offers zero protection. The charger box is beat up. It even looks like it has been opened. That may be from the less than soft ride to my house. I suggest you avoid this place!