Recomend BT headset, perhaps from DX

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, looking for my first headset. Phone is a Samsung A737. I don't really know much about these things. I don't think I need a stereo one, though the phone does support it. Guess I need battery life at least as good as the phone battery, something that isn't too huge and geeky, and whatever other features any of you may think are important. Primarily for use in the car.
Thanks.
*edit*
looking at this model right now, don't know what makes for a good one or a bad one, but I do like this price range.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14851

gorn

Enlightened
I would shy away from a DX headset. For a couple of dollars more you can find name brand headsets (motorola, jabra, etc.) from domestic dealers. i just picked up the Jabra stereo headset for $29.00.

Most any headset you can buy will have talk/standby time that is better than your phone. I think there is a Fry's Electronics in Vegas. They always have headsets on sale for under $20, you may want to look there first.

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well now I am in need of a car charger for same phone. I see plenty of cheapies out there. What with all the dangers from lithium flashlight batteries, is there any concern for phone chargers as well? Lots of models out for like 3 or 4 bucks....

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
I bought a Logitech Freedom headset a few years ago, still happy with it. Tried a bunch of them in the shops, but not one felt as good as my logitech. I think the key factor here is that the logitech has a larger earpad that sits on the ear instead of an earbud in the ear.

gorn

Enlightened
Well now I am in need of a car charger for same phone. I see plenty of cheapies out there. What with all the dangers from lithium flashlight batteries, is there any concern for phone chargers as well? Lots of models out for like 3 or 4 bucks....

I have been buying the $1.99 ebay chargers for all of my cell phones for years. Never had a problem with a single one of them. Just make sure if you get one from ebay that the charger is a "smart" one so you don't overcharge. Although with a car charger that probably isn't going to be an issue due to the length of time it would be plugged in anyway.

gromit

Newly Enlightened
I've been using the iGo home and car chargers at work and home for years. I buy the tips that I need when I get a new phone or device. Since I travel its easier to take one wall charger and 4-5 tips than 4-5 wall warts, or car chargers.
Yes it is more expensive than buying the cheap ebay chargers but over the last 8 years I have never had a problem with the units.

There can be a delay in the time when a new product ships and when they have tips available.