Recommend me a light for general travel/emergency

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a couple years I EDCed a Streamlight ProTac EMS. It is a single AA light with three modes (3.7/10/50 lumens). I know that doesn't sound like much, but I found it more than capable of lighting things up fifty feet away or more. The feature I really liked was that there was no mode memory, and it always started in low. I was working in a commercial kitchen at the time, and found that the 3.7 lumens was usually more than enough to allow me to look under the bottom shelf or in the back obscured corner. It would make a good backup light if something brighter was wanted as the primary.

ThomGault

Newly Enlightened
Due to everyone's helpful input, I think I'm leaning toward a MDC 2AA. Does Malkoff do any customization, e.g., adding initials, or adding knurling, as shown in Archimedes most recent photo above? Or is there someone else on CPF that has the proper machinery to do such work?
Finally, does anyone know if the MDC 2AA is only available in a cool tint? I've read posts that indicate it might be available in neutral white as well...How do the two shades compare in usage?

Thanks again!