Recommend rechargegable AA, AAA batteries

livemusic

Newly Enlightened
I have used Eneloop rechargeable batteries for years. I am looking at an Eneloop AA now, says "HR-3UTGA 1.2v min 1900 mAh." What type is that?

I use them for various devices. Can anyone recommend a good AA / AAA battery? I need some more.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the Amazon Basic LSD High Capacity cells. Many of us are convinced that they are re-badged Eneloop XX cells. When I bought mine, if one bought eight at a time the price was about half that of Eneloop cells. I have had mine for several years, and have had no problems with them.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jomohr84

Newly Enlightened
I have used eneloops, duracell, energizer, haven't had an issue with any of them. I prefer higher mah batteries. They won't get as many charges, but they run your devices longer. I have enough rechargeables that I won't be recharging the batteries even close to 500 times before their lifespan is expired, so for my money, eneloop pros or duracells at/around 2500 mah are the way to go.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do you like the pros, I saw those.

The "pro" version has about 25% higher capacity. The trade-offs are higher price, they are rated for fewer charge cycles (500 versus 2100...still a lot!) and have higher self discharge, but should still be around 85% charge after a year of storage.

Basically, you choose between lower cost (regular Eneloop), or better performance (Eneloop Pro).

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the Fujitsu(Eneloop) AAA 900mah LSD in my EDC Flashlight the extra capacity(runtime) is worth the lower cycle count in an emergency, And i only top-off the battery every few weeks to keep it fully charged maybe 10% so it takes 10 top-off to equal one cycle and i should get 5000 of them.:ohgeez:

John.