Regulated incan besides A-2

Hawkeye62

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if there is another light on the market that is regulated like the A-2 but has no led's. I would like to come across a higher lumen incan that was regulated for the constant brightness throughout batt life.:shrug: Thanks..

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not much else out there, but Lumens factory was talking about possibly producing some new lamps for the A2 that might give it a little more output.

Carpenter

Enlightened
There are a couple of other ones out there. I remember GreenLED referring to some other regulated incans. Maybe you can search his posts and come up with something. Or maybe he'll see this and save you some time :)

OceanView

Enlightened
This question comes up from time to time. I'm pretty sure that there is no mass produced, regulated incan brighter than an A2. You'd probably need to get some custom hotwire for that.

greenLED

Flashaholic
There are a couple of other ones out there. I remember GreenLED referring to some other regulated incans.
That would be the vectra IQ, but that's a headlamp. Actually any incan using the "IQ" circuit, or Willie Hunt's LRV regulators, will achieve that.

Hawkeye62

Newly Enlightened
I have a Strion that is pretty much perfect just needs the IQ circuit then it would be great. Maybe Streamlight will offer a light that would meet this requirement sometime in the future, sure would be nice.. Best of both worlds, constant brightness incan and rechargable.. Thanks to those that have replied.

bendlite

Newly Enlightened
That would be the vectra IQ, but that's a headlamp. Actually any incan using the "IQ" circuit, or Willie Hunt's LRV regulators, will achieve that.

Could you give me a reference for each of these? I did a search on both and came up empty.

thanks, John

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe a Surefire M6 with a 500 lumen bulb with a battery pack built by forum member js is regulated if memory serves me right.

Other than the A2, I can't think of a production regulated light in incandescent form.

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
Hawkeye62:

The surefire M6 can be used with the MN15 bulb OR some of the Lumens factory bulbs designed for the M3T. This is NOT technically regulated... BUT... it puts out such and EVEN amount of light for SO LONG... that it is as close as I have seen to a really bright, Incan, regulated light.

And it is less expensive than buying or building some special regulated incan... if you already own an M6.

And I have to admit... owning an M6 is nice.

I had an interesting thought process a while ago... I wanted to take a Surefire 9P and buy a turbo head and an MN15 for a medium strength incan... and then it hit me. Just put the MN15 in the M6 I already own, and get both more runtime and more output than a 9p running the mn15.

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast