Rest in peace, Woods Walker

PartyPete

Enlightened
Great poster, I loved his stories and reviews. Totally hands on, always a great read. I remember stumbling on one of his Fenix reviews back in the day and ordered that light the same day. Still have it.

RIP Woodswalker!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
No wonder the site's been acting up. He doesn't want to leave.
I hope the bear that devoured him chokes on his flashlights.
I'll never get how someone like him, so close & in touch with the earth like he was, can be taken from us so soon. Greta, you have big snowshoes to fill now. He was a major asset here.

PapaLumen

Enlightened
Sad news indeed. Like many others I loved his vids of wilderness survival, always watching it all whenever a new one popped up. One of lifes good guys.
RIP WW.

nbp

Flashaholic
Hopefully, we can get someone to put together all of WW's threads together in one spot...his experiences are priceless here.

If you would like to make a thread with links to his various threads I would be happy to Sticky it in the Adventure and Questing subforum in his honor. That was really where his expertise shined here!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Sad to hear this..... so young and so full of life. Although I'm not into outdoors survival and camping at all I throroughly enjoyed his threads dealing with such things as it was a breath of fresh air over endless threads about this and that light seeing him talk about cooking sausage and eggs and burning woods he chopped outdoors that just sticks in my mind big time vs a 20,000 lumen scorcher light.
I didn't think much of the Adventure and Questing outdoors part of the forum till he came along.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sad to hear this..... so young and so full of life. Although I'm not into outdoors survival and camping at all I throroughly enjoyed his threads dealing with such things as it was a breath of fresh air over endless threads about this and that light seeing him talk about cooking sausage and eggs and burning woods he chopped outdoors that just sticks in my mind big time vs a 20,000 lumen scorcher light.
I didn't think much of the Adventure and Questing outdoors part of the forum till he came along.

I still have heartburn from having the pepperoni egg and green peppers breakfast recipe from him

scout24

Flashaholic
NBP- Wonderful idea on the thread compilation Sticky in A&Q, and a very nice written tribute I saw from you.
Aginthelaw- You know the rule, now you have to post the recipe...

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never met Kevin in person, but always enjoyed his videos and forum posts – I greatly appreciate the knowledge that he shared. Sorry that I never had the pleasure of sharing a camp fire with him. Condolences to his family. RIP Woods Walker.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I remember Woods Walker kidding us for our table-top flashlight pictures. He gently encouraged us to get outside and enjoy our lights in nature. :awman:

I read this as the wind was howling outside after sundown, looked at a M61WLL modified 6P sitting on my coffee table and pondered briefly. My brain went back to about 2016 when I bought both the light and the drop in. It came down to a coin toss of WLL or NL. The coin toss meant WLL. But Woods Walker raved about the NL. Others did too but for some reason the words WW wrote here convinced the little imp on my left shoulder to whisper something I didn't quite hear to the OCD voices in my head and next thing you know that old 6P was sportin' an NL.

So I'd already had my 7pm catnap and decided to take the ole 6P out for a jaunt. Wind still howling outside so I rumaged through the coat closet pondering what WW would wear on a night like this. A nice puffy 3-way snow boarding parka, double insulated stocking cap and two pair of thin gloves for dexterity and insulation. Oh, and water proof hiker boots. I'm going Woods Walkin'. No need to pack granola and a fishing hook or shelter. No need for a fire starter, a gps or a camel pack. I live in the city. There's a 24 hour Kwiki Mart a quarter mile away in every direction.
Remaining woods here are an acre or three. A forest……100 acres.

However new batteries went into the 6P, a Bravo hi/lo was clipped to a pocket, a tube of WW approved beeswax chapstick was loaded into my other pocket. I found myself next to a creek where it is rumored the fish have three eyes on one side and smelled the cold air Jack Frost was delivering after a few spring like days. I looked up at the stars. Stars…… wow I see real stars tonight. It was if WW had clicked them onto high mode this evening as they were brighter than usual. It occured to me that batteries don't run empty in the big wilderness in the sky so perhaps he was in charge of shining down on anybody who took his advice and went woods walkin' this evening.

Last edited:

LED Monkey

Enlightened
Wow, shocked to hear this. I just watched a couple of his videos 2 days ago on some Malkoff stuff he had (for the 2nd/3rd time). And I remember watching him going through the woods and thinking this guy would be hard to keep up with. I enjoyed how he would present himself in his videos, very down to earth guy. Life is short. RIP.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a loss. His channel was amazing and I loved his stoves that he used when camping. RIP and Prayers for the family.