Retro reflective Max return lumens

bakerboy1958

Newly Enlightened
I have a neighbor whose spotlight shines on my building. The reason why is too complicated. Is there a retro reflector that will return a high lumen light?

Attachments

• PXL_20231120_224523990.mp4
    14.6 MB

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too far away,
Not enough light (coming to Your side)

If there is still communication, try to get some kind of "blocking" onto the upper part of the light; reducing/blocking the light part that is just "wasted". (= everything above horizontal level)
or else
Mount a mirror (instead of something "reflector").
The bigger, the "better",
very, very, very slightly focusing also

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Mirror idea might not be a bad one.
Get a large, full-length dressing mirror.
Set it up in front of your window.
But "forget" to turn it around towards you.

Depending on how obnoxious your neighbors are, consider consulting with an attorney to see if there's a legal way you can put an end to their nonsense.

bakerboy1958

Newly Enlightened
Too far away,
Not enough light (coming to Your side)

If there is still communication, try to get some kind of "blocking" onto the upper part of the light; reducing/blocking the light part that is just "wasted". (= everything above horizontal level)
or else
Mount a mirror (instead of something "reflector").
The bigger, the "better",
very, very, very slightly focusing also
I was first thinking of using a parabolic mirror. But the focus would be much too short to be any good. So I should look for a mirror with a very long focus or a very very slight focus? Is the focus measured? Not knowing much about mirror physics I'm just guessing. Thanks for your help. Please respond to my last question if you would.
Thank you

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like Monocrom typed, normal flat mirror.
At that distance any visible focusing would probably be too much.

Maybe ... when the mirror is big enough, it can be mounted onto a flat (sturdy) back plate,
Glued in in the middle, then apply some kind of "raise" at the outside ends, like 1 mm thick tape, or so.
The mirror can be bent very slightly before the glass beaks, and 1 mm will - probably - make for that sliiiiiight focusing.
But a flat one might work almost the same and is easier to handle

bakerboy1958

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the suggestion. I'm already looking for a 36-in round mirror. I will find mastic to glue center. And find 1 mm tape for the edge. I can test it on my own yard.

bakerboy1958

Newly Enlightened
No, this a-hole complained about something on my property that is not bothering him. He shines the light on it so he can complain. It's a storage shed that needs to be repaired. But it's 100 ft from his 25 ft backyard.
In the meantime he shines his porch light on the shed that's on my property to say he doesn't want to see it.
I planned on repairing the shed but not this year. Since he can't wait and the city is pushing me. I would be happy to repair it ahead of schedule. But I will not be harassed. Hence, the mirror reflecting back his light. And when I make my improvements he's not going to be happy with the graphics that will be displayed on the building. And they will be illuminated with solar lights.
I am Sicilian. And Sicily has its own flag. I also have a family crest. Both these items will be painted on the back of the shed.
Over 150 large very expensive houses went up next to me. They overpaid on badly built houses. But the people think they have a absolute say so in the neighborhood.
Sorry for the long explanation. I hope the mirror operates the way I expect it to. Thank you again for your time and suggestion. I will let you know if it does work.
Attached is the flag and the crest.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231126-174648.png
    Screenshot_20231126-174648.png
    452.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20231126-175042.png
    Screenshot_20231126-175042.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 43

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, this a-hole complained about something on my property that is not bothering him. He shines the light on it so he can complain. It's a storage shed that needs to be repaired. But it's 100 ft from his 25 ft backyard.
In the meantime he shines his porch light on the shed that's on my property to say he doesn't want to see it.
I planned on repairing the shed but not this year. Since he can't wait and the city is pushing me. I would be happy to repair it ahead of schedule. But I will not be harassed. Hence, the mirror reflecting back his light. And when I make my improvements he's not going to be happy with the graphics that will be displayed on the building. And they will be illuminated with solar lights.
I am Sicilian. And Sicily has its own flag. I also have a family crest. Both these items will be painted on the back of the shed.
Over 150 large very expensive houses went up next to me. They overpaid on badly built houses. But the people think they have a absolute say so in the neighborhood.
Sorry for the long explanation. I hope the mirror operates the way I expect it to. Thank you again for your time and suggestion. I will let you know if it does work.
Attached is the flag and the crest.

I see

So you're just looking to "fight" with him

Best of luck to you

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty much what we all were/are thinking.
;-)
Sure, the mirror (mirrors?) :D can be "blamed", but the light will come from the other side, so ...