REV Victor-World's Longest Throwing LED Light

Scoops

Newly Enlightened
I'm just seeing reports of some pretty serious storms in the south United States. It looks like Texas has been hit pretty hard in particular. I think One Stop is located in Garland,TX and If I'm not mistaken, they sustained a direct hit by a tornado that did massive damage. Widespread power outages and many structures are down, I hope Michael is Ok and this would certainly explain why we haven't heard from him. I know I was really starting to wonder why I haven't heard from him and then I saw a news report out of that area and thought Garland sounded familiar. Anyway if anyone knows anything please update.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Omg no !!!!! I sure hope hes ok. someone should try and call him although i guess all the lines are probably down :(

Michael if your ok please post something we are very worried. I was tracking the tornadoes all night and for some reason i never put 2 and 2 together.

Last edited:

Scoops

Newly Enlightened
It has almost been a week since he said he was shipping out my Victor Enthusiast and the tornado hit a day ago so it might not explain much as far as why we haven't heard from Him. There have been lots of weather events in the south U.S this week so who knows. Maybe he just doesn't have power so he can't get online, or maybe it is unrelated but a coincidence nonetheless. I hope everything is Ok either way because it is getting concerning that He has just gone dark for this long after he said he was shipping stuff out. Hope its just a power outage or something.

Ptery83

Newly Enlightened
Many homes destroyed in Garland. Can't imagine how bad that would be. Has anyone tried calling him? Be sure to update if anyone gets a response.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I called Michael and spoke with him for a few minutes. He's fine, he's got friends and family that have been effected and slightly injured. They're OK, but have damage that's going to take time to repair.

I informed him a collective "We" we're concerned.

I did not ask about lights. Anyone wanting more info, I'd say try using the contact info on his website.

Regards,

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I called Michael and spoke with him for a few minutes. He's fine, he's got friends and family that have been effected and slightly injured. They're OK, but have damage that's going to take time to repair.

I informed him a collective "We" we're concerned.

I did not ask about lights. Anyone wanting more info, I'd say try using the contact info on his website.

Regards,
Thank you. I feel much much better now. I hate tornados !!!. I could not imagine the feeling of helplessness and no control in a situation like that. Thats why i will never move to the midwest or south.

Scoops

Newly Enlightened
So glad to hear He's ok, I'm not worried about my light especially given the circumstances, I know Michael is good for it sooner or later. Family first and service to community after a disaster comes before our toys. What a weird year this is turning out to be weather wise, and winter is just getting started. Keep those batteries charged guys. :candle:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys I am so sorry for not posting to let you know I was safe. It was the last thing on my mind. But I did receive several calls and emails checking on us and I have to say that our family was rather touched. Thank you. This whole week has been rough. There were some matters that I had to handle in our congregation as well as a good friend in the hospital. And to top it all off the tornadoes. My family is safe. We have many friends affected though. Two of our places of worship sustained damage although the full extent has not been determined as the affected areas were shut down by authorities. We have many friends with damaged homes and one who was injured slightly but nothing life threatening. I spent all last night confirming the safety of those in my congregation. There were many near misses. One of the friends missed by less than an 1/8th of a mile and another actually had it hit within 150 feet. Five houses down from them was complete destruction. Too many to list. The important thing is nobody lost their life. Things can be replaced and our organization will be assisting them to do so. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to hear you and your family are OK Mike, thoughts and prayers for the people of Garland that have been through terror and destruction

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys I am so sorry for not posting to let you know I was safe. It was the last thing on my mind. But I did receive several calls and emails checking on us and I have to say that our family was rather touched. Thank you. This whole week has been rough. There were some matters that I had to handle in our congregation as well as a good friend in the hospital. And to top it all off the tornadoes. My family is safe. We have many friends affected though. Two of our places of worship sustained damage although the full extent has not been determined as the affected areas were shut down by authorities. We have many friends with damaged homes and one who was injured slightly but nothing life threatening. I spent all last night confirming the safety of those in my congregation. There were many near misses. One of the friends missed by less than an 1/8th of a mile and another actually had it hit within 150 feet. Five houses down from them was complete destruction. Too many to list. The important thing is nobody lost their life. Things can be replaced and our organization will be assisting them to do so. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

i am so glad :wave: I just heard it was rated an EF4 tornado that tore through Garland TX and think 8 people dead in that town and thats why i thought that worst.

Now its time to look forward and help rebuild the community. The lights are just materialistic things and as such can wait, but the community that was devastated can not.

It would be really cool to set up a Garland TX disaster fund to help out :)

daz

Newly Enlightened
i am so glad :wave: I just heard it was rated an EF4 tornado that tore through Garland TX and think 8 people dead in that town and thats why i thought that worst.

Now its time to look forward and help rebuild the community. The lights are just materialistic things and as such can wait, but the community that was devastated can not.

It would be really cool to set up a Garland TX disaster fund to help out :)

Like Alex 234 said glad you're OK. Count me in for a disaster fund . BTW both lights in customs clearance AND glad you've come out of retirement.

magnum70383

Enlightened
Went night hiking tonight with so much snow and realized I didn't know this - is the Victor enthusiast waterproof? At least weather proof?