Review: Fenix FD41: focusable, 1x 18650, XP-L HI V3, 900 lumens; (beams)hots, compare

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
kj75 thanks for another great review! Your photos are some of the best among the reviewers! I have had the FD41 since it came out. Love the IP68 rating. Hate how stiff the head collar is to change focus. Fenix knocked the focused throw and flood settings out of the park. One minus in my opinion is that there is no good in between throw and flood setting it is just good when fully focused throw or flood. Mine is permanently set to full flood very useful....

Jshel2000

Newly Enlightened
How does this compare with the Jaxman Z1? I'm looking at getting either the fenix fd41 or the jaxman. If I get the FD41, I may machine a different tube so that I can put two or three cells in parallel for more battery life, maybe the same thing if I go with the jaxman.

jjrkw

Newly Enlightened
Great information. Am considering as a bike light for use on paved roads in a primarily residential area, two and 4 lane concrete roads. Only ride in very early, dark AM, some street lights, dry conditions. Also considering the FD30 but leaning towards the FD41. Was about to buy a UC35 V2.0 until i came upon this light. I think the broader beam would be more helpful than the long beam of the UC35. I have been using a Fenix E21 for several years and it has been very good but looking for an improvement in lighting and like the Li-Ion. Any suggestion with rational for suggestion?