Review: Klarus XT11S: micro-USB tactical light, XP-L HI V3, 1100 lumens; (beams)hots

silverspurr

Newly Enlightened
Manhattan a.k.a. N.Y.C. a.k.a. The Big Apple
Think you have a dud or possible fake. My bezel screws onto black metal which is also fixed part of the light.

Purchased directly from Going Gear, not a fake I returned it to G.G. and was told today: "We checked all our stock XT11S's they are ALL like that."
Obviously they have the ones with the design flaw, which is the batch that mine came from back in April.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
My XT11S head is 1-part head construction. If there were a metal lip near the bezel area, HOW would you be able to insert the lens such that it can sit BEHIND the metal lip?

Last edited:

silverspurr

Newly Enlightened
of course they are.

this does not say anything about a metal lip (as integral part of the aluminum head construction). actually, this does not say anything. other than that they have confirmed/implied that G.G. has the 'changed second batch' in stock; otherwise they would NOT refer you to G.G. for an exchange unit, nah would they?

Now everybody again listen. The XT11S head is 1-part head construction. If there were a metal lip near the bezel area, HOW would you be able to insert the lens such that it can sit BEHIND the metal lip?

No way. Without clear photos, this does not exist. No matter what anybody says or claims.

No one said G.G. "currently has the second batch in stock", Klarus clearly informed me that the second batch will soon be sent to G.G. and I can exchange mine, period.

I own the XT12, on the XT12 the lens sits behind a metal lip, (as confirmed by (#20) who says: "That is very strange because my XT11S is like your XT12, the lens sits behind the lip and does not come in contact with the screw on bezel.
My XT11S should be like my XT12, lens sits behind metal lip and can't fall out when the bezel is removed.

I'm definitely having this model exchanged when they do come in which will put an end to the lens falling out onto the floor when the bezel is removed and doesn't crack the lens when I screw down the extended bezel which literally presses up against the glass lens, poor design.
I'll gladly exchange this for the second batch with a better thought out redesign when they come in.

silverspurr

Newly Enlightened
DSCN3761_zpseyx2lp0m.jpg

harrrry

Newly Enlightened
since you don't listen to me,
i will in turn not listen to you either and not believe you when
you claim, after having gotten the replacement from gg, that it's got a lip now.

i will believe it only when someone proves it with clear photos.

basta

No, it won't. You'll see that you are wrong, wrong with your assumption, hope, and expectation. You'll look like a *ool, so to speak. ( And if i turn out wrong, i will look like a fool. Then shame on me, and i will of course also apologize for repeatedly claiming that you were wrong! )

All you might get is an added o-ring between the lens and the SS bezel ring. But no integral metal lip as in XT12.

You'll see that i am right.

Then we'll agree that i was right from the very beginning of the discussion.

And then we can move on. :)

To me, in practice, it doesn't matter much. I'll keep the XT11S the way it is. Needless to say that i find several constructional/engineering details not perfect!

I can't believe how arrogant and obnoxious you are, I signed up just to say that.

My XT11S that arrived today:
2efixjd.jpg

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I am about ready to close this thread, regarding the impolite behavior taking place. There was no need for this thread to be all about two people who disagree with each other, and are not courteous to each other. Please use the Report a Post option to report unacceptable behavior.

Bill

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I removed one post that contains a quote and comment that can only continue the diatribe.

Bill

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I removed your post kreisl. It just continues the diatribe. Please direct concerns, if any, to PM's.

Bill

silverspurr

Newly Enlightened
I can't believe how arrogant and obnoxious you are, I signed up just to say that.

My XT11S that arrived today:
2efixjd.jpg

Thank you for taking and posting that photo... the inside on my XT11S's head looks nothing like yours... the lens on mine is not protected behind the metal lip as yours is.
Yours is the correctly designed one... lens can not fall out when bezel is removed and when either Klarus bezel (the default or more aggressive extended bezel) is tightened down it cannot crack the glass lens by directly touching it (as mine does).
Thanks again for your photo.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am wondering how the head construction is in the XT11GT, obviously the "officially updated version/model" and successor of XT11S:

http://www.klaruslight.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=128&id=136

Their not even cousins. They look like twin brothers!! So who would want to buy the XT11S anymore, if the XT11GT is more powerful, brighter, better electronically regulated and has otherwise identical look and functions?