Review: Klarus XT11S: micro-USB tactical light, XP-L HI V3, 1100 lumens; (beams)hots

silverspurr

Newly Enlightened
Manhattan a.k.a. N.Y.C. a.k.a. The Big Apple
Thank you for taking and posting that photo... the inside on my XT11S's head looks nothing like yours... the lens on mine is not protected behind the metal lip as yours is.
Yours is the correctly designed one... lens can not fall out when bezel is removed and when either Klarus bezel (the default or more aggressive extended bezel) is tightened down it cannot crack the glass lens by directly touching it (as mine does).
Thanks again for your photo.

Update as of Aug. 31st, as suggested by Klarus, I sent my XT11S back to my dealer and they replaced it with a new one from the latest batch with the design that keeps the glass lens 'behind' a metal lip, the one I returned (purchased April 2016) there was no protective metal lip inside under the bezel.

andygold

Newly Enlightened
Resurrecting an old thread...sorry!

I've pretty much chosen to get this light for my own particular needs. It seems to have more of what I want, especially with Turbo run-time, compared to the GT models. With that said, my questions are:

What is the approximate run-time in Turbo before the light throttles down the brightness? When it does throttle down, does it drop down to the 400 lumens High Mode, or to some brightness level somewhere between High and Turbo? I realize that ambient temperature will affect overheating, and that there probably is no exact time frame that one can say it will stay in Turbo, but is it typically one minute or three minutes, or more like an hour for example?