Review: NEW! VB-16 C20i (XP-E2, 1x14500, Rechargeable) Beamshots, Details, Output

whc

Enlightened
Received this great little VB-16 C20i 1x14500 flashlight for review today, did not know exactly what to expect got no real detailed info, other that a couple of pre-production images. So was exited to find a great built little EDC flashlight.

---

Manufacturer specifications:

Model: C20i
Material: Head and body is 6061-T6 aluminium alloy, bottom is 304 stainless steel.
Surface: HA III, dark grey.
Weight: 85g, include battery.
Dimensions: 103mm long, diameter is 21mm
Battery: Uses one 14500 3.7v Li-Ion battery
LED: CREE XP-E2, maximum luminous flux is 300LM
Runtime: H: 75 minutes, L: more than 240 minutes (may differ)
Waterproof: IP-6

For more details and instruction see thread #2

---

16056333921_e2fde38cae_c.jpg

First impressions is very good, fit and finish is excellent, and fits perfect in hand for tactical operation (all though the switch is a digital non-momentary switch).

I have personally never seen a light with this feature before, the tailcap seems to be made of bare SS, and shaped to fit a 12v outlet in a car. This very unique ability to just simply plug in the flashlight to your 12v outlet in the car, makes it very easy to charge on the go, no need for any cables and/or usb power supply.

Although the review unit did not come in retail package, I did also receive a USB charging "plug" that fits in the same way as in your car's 12v plug, but can be charged via USB cable, both Micro-usb and Lightning plug is supported, that's great news for both Android, Windows, BB and iOS, simply just use the charger and cable that came with your phone.

Can be used with both standard microUSB or Lightning connecter.

As far as I know, this is only compatible with rechargeable Li-Ion 14500 3.7v cell, have not yet confirmed from manufacturer if other cells is also supported. My AW 14500 Li-Ion was a little tight fit, had to pull of the label for et to fit without getting stuch.

I thing looks wise it is an very attractive flashlight, feels great in the hand and got a simple UI (OnMax->Medium->Off) no momentary mode, and the use of a digitally switch makes it easy and comfortable to press the tail switch, with the benefit of it tail-standing on flat surface without falling over.

Some more images of this little beauty.

Compared to a 1x18650 light and knife.

Next to a AW 14500 Li-ion battery, the 12v plug does make the light a little long for a 1x14500 light,since the tailcap holds the electronics to be able to just plug the flashlight in directly.

With the charger plugged in, the green LED lights when power, and a small beacon comes from the light itself.

---

Here is a video just to show off the flashlight in motion pictures.

---

Now to some beamshots, first of just plain 1m to white wall, avature 2.8, iso 100.

On Hight mode

On Low mode

Now about 2m to white wall ISO 800 shutter 1/3, got very even hot spot.

High

High -2.0 EV

Low

Low -2.0 EV

Some beamshots at a distance, hard to say exact distance, but it is pretty far, iso 800 and 1/3 shutter.

Off

High

Low

Some more same camera settings.

Off

High

Low

---

Now some numbers first off light output with my luxmeter, did owerall output with my lightbox and throw at 1 m.

Overall High: 79200, Overall Low: 25700

Throw High: 49800, Throw Low: 17100

Heat test after about 10 minutes, standing on its head on maximum output, got a maximum of 35,2 Celcius

---

Size and weight (in mm and gram).

Diameter

Length

Weight with battery

weight without battery

---

Thats all for now, will keep the threat updated and post new details and experience. If any questions please feal free to ask and I will do what I can to answer, ansd if you feel something is missing please et me know and I will add.

Last edited:

whc

Enlightened
Re: VB-16 C20i, XP-E2, 1x14500, Rechargeable, Beamshots and Output, Review

Complete specifications and manual.

【ITEM】 C20i

C20i INSTRUCTIONS

【MATERIAL】 Head and body part is 6061-T6 aluminum alloy, bottom is 304 stainless
steel.

【SURFACE】 HA III surfacing, dark grey.
【WEIGHT】 85g,including battery,packing not included.
【DIMENSION】 103MM long ,diameter of boday is 21mm
【BATTERY】 Each has one 14500 3.7V rechargeable lithium battery.
【LED】 CREE latest XP-E2 LED,the maximum luminous flux is 300LM,
RUNTIME: H: 75 minutes L : more than 240 minutes.(Different battery
causes some difference.)

【FUNCTIONS】
1.MODE TRANSFER
:Push button at the bottom, three modes H-L-OFF,push
button and transfer to next mode.
2.CHARGE
:It's adapt to 12V cigarette lighter,reserved for USB interface and 12V
special power pack to charge intelligently, automatically stops when power full.
1.Turn on flashlight to charge, 3 serial flashes means on charge. It can perfectly carry
out the charge order, even power is just full and charged again, it can be charged
too ,but ends soon, we recommend you to try this way. It flashes each 5 seconds
after charge ends. Now you can take the flashlight to turn on/off one time and stop
charging.
2. Turn off flashlight to charge, serial flashes means on charge. It flashes each 5
seconds after charge ends. Now you can take the flashlight to turn on/off one time and
stop charging.
Take notice
:If the flashlight has no 3 serial flashes, the possibilities will be :1.Power
is full, no need charge. 2. Not touching well. 3. Battery is on protect, please take
the battery out and reset it, then put the light to charge.

3.ALARM FOR LOW POWER:Once power gets to 10%, red alarm light at the
bottom will be on to remind you to charge. When power too low, flashlight
will automatically be off. But when red alarm light is still on, it spends little
power and keeps reminding. If still no charge, flashlight gets to the lower limit,
red alarm light will be off too. As the battery is on safeguard mode, maybe you
can turn on the flashlight and charge can be automatically recovered.

4.SAFEGUARD
:This item has the comprehensive battery guard system inside, no
need any battery with guard plate. So it's very convenient to buy or change batteries.

【WATERPROOF】IP-6

Last edited:

whc

Enlightened
Re: VB-16 C20i, XP-E2, 1x14500, Rechargeable, Beamshots and Output, Review

Just added specifications and dimension and weight to the review, and manual on #2 any questions don't hesitate to ask :).