Review of Nitecore MH20

kestrel140

Newly Enlightened
Warning Warning Warning,

I loved my mh-20 from nitecore it worked so well for such a small torch. The rating has it waterproof to 2metres. The other day i could not find my flashlight and it accidentally went through the wash cycle. The head is half full of water and the light is garbage. I was quite shocked and now i am 1 light less.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
That rating applies to the steady water. During the wash water pressure was much higher (accasionally but still).

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Warning Warning Warning,

I loved my mh-20 from nitecore it worked so well for such a small torch. The rating has it waterproof to 2metres. The other day i could not find my flashlight and it accidentally went through the wash cycle. The head is half full of water and the light is garbage. I was quite shocked and now i am 1 light less.
You should be able to remove the front bezel and lens to get the majority of the water out. Then bury the head in some white rice for a day or two to draw the moisture out of the innards. Sealing the head in a plastic bag with a bunch of dehumidifier pouches would work as well. Then gently warm it in front of a heater or on a furnace vent for a couple of hours to make sure it is dry. Hopefully there won't be any soap or dirt left inside to possibly jump connections.

Good luck and let us know how things turn out.

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
Old thread, I know. My MH20 in NW started acting weird in December. No reason I can fathom. Wouldn't switch off, etc.

Finally managed to ship it back to Nitecore last month, and they replaced the head for me. I told them I'm fine with CW if they didn't have NW in stock, as the NW XML-2 sucked.

It appears they sent me a CW version, of which the Cree rainbow is pretty evident when hunting white walls.

I'm not too fazed. It's a decent light and for outdoor use the tint shift isn't an issue at all.

I dropped a fresh 3200mAh cell in it and will be taking it camping this weekend, see how it holds up.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to see the MH20 thread still alive. I still have my 4 MH20's. They still work perfectly and the awesome 2 stage switch is a joy to use as no other light I know of. This two state switch would be awesome on a Zebralight SC. Would be a lot less near Rubiks Cube UI and make their feature mountain much easier to climb.

bonhomme

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a mh20gt , but my battery goes empty in +-a month?
When i measure the standby current i have 5mAmps, so this is not normal!
Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks Marc

pipspeak

Enlightened
What's the verdict on the neutral white version of the MH20? I love my MH20GT, but would really like a slightly warmer emitter in such a throwy light so the NW MH20 has me intrigued.