[Review] Olight Warrior X

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks for the review, xhp35 NW rock! Thats a mighty fine looking flashlight as well, love the design. I still use my old m20 and the ano is excellent, held up superb over the years.

Sure USA side wont be any different, but olight UK customer service is excellent/efficient on top.

Javora

Enlightened
First off, really good review. After reading though, I'm just not feeling this light. I wouldn't want something that vibrates while I'm trying to shoot. It feels like a gimmick. Hopefully Lumintop updates their TD15S, really like that light.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Rest in pepperonis, well I hope the part becomes available for a reasonable price for you someday soon.
thanks mate.

Thanks for the review, xhp35 NW rock! Thats a mighty fine looking flashlight as well, love the design. I still use my old m20 and the ano is excellent, held up superb over the years. Sure USA side wont be any different, but olight UK customer service is excellent/efficient on top.
Same here, my M20 still rocks and the SS bezel has protected it from countless drops. One of the main reason I swap most of my SureFire C and P series light to the Xeno bezel...

First off, really good review. After reading though, I'm just not feeling this light. I wouldn't want something that vibrates while I'm trying to shoot. It feels like a gimmick. Hopefully Lumintop updates their TD15S, really like that light.
thanks for the kind words. perhaps in future revision, they might give us an option to turn off that vibration indicator...

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far, the Olight has done its job, which is to impress my friends, of course. I do have one complaint. The "gas pedal" switch is a fine idea, but in practice, there is very little travel between the modes. I frequently activate the high mode while trying to access the low, or worse, I get the high mode when I'm just trying to switch the thing off. Also, I'm struggling to master the momentary vs. constant interface. I understand it, but somehow it's not intuitive.

mdmvrockford

Newly Enlightened
......I do have one complaint. The "gas pedal" switch is a fine idea, but in practice, there is very little travel between the modes. I frequently activate the high mode while trying to access the low, or worse, I get the high mode when I'm just trying to switch the thing off. Also, I'm struggling to master the momentary vs. constant interface. I understand it, but somehow it's not intuitive.
I feel the same. But as we know each person must decide what is best for them. When I was deciding between the Olight M2R Warrior (whose switch appears very similar (or maybe even same as Warrior X)) vs. Olight M2T Warrior, I just could not "get" or be comfortable with the M2R Warrior switch. I really like the raised but silent "gas pedal" M2T Warrior switch. Perhaps Olight will offer in future a Warrior Xt in future (having similar switch as the M2T Warrior) to replace the M23 Javelot. But this choice would negate the magnetic features of the current Warrior X.

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
By introducing the magnetic charging feature, Olight has made a lithium-ion chargeable flashlight available to the masses who neither know nor care about battery chemistry, protection circuits, or operating voltage. Stroke of genius, really. Tonight I've been experimenting with it, in hopes of finding the voltage that triggers the low voltage vibration warning. I never quite got there. I'd been running the low mode (which is powerful and fantastic) for about two hours, but when I tried to punch it up to turbo, I got nothing more than the "low" beam. At that point, the cell tested at 3.63v. This is too low for high beam, but not low enough to trigger the low voltage vibration warning.

More tests to come.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
For anyone interested, the first low voltage vibration occurs @ 3.5v. For me, this is a much more concrete measurement than a percentage of remaining charge.

Merry Christmas,

Cheers

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I'm late to the party. I suppose I didn't mean that Olight had invented the thing. Perhaps I should've said something like, "By incorporating the magnetic charging feature..."

WmArnold1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for an excelent review RookieDaddy! I bought a Warrior X; it's replacing the ZebraLight SC600 I've EDC'd since 2011!!

That's not a blanket EDC recomendation for everyone tho, I also carry a FourSevens Mini Mark II Turbo on my keychain for 80% of my EDC needs

The other 20% is seeing stuff that's more than eight feet away, and excessive spill from most lights compromises my night-adapted vision

Imho, the Warrier X is perfect for walking around at night because it throws into a 6° spot and 60° spill (my measurement)

Maybe it's a eight year habbit I've developed from my SC600, but I find myself grabbing the Warrier for closer stuff too.

I love the gas pedal UI for lumens now without feeling like I'm lighting a disco any more. (yes, I'm that old)

My only wish that Olight missed was using a 18650 instead of a 21700, but that's a very small miss

Last edited: