ReviewTheLight: Acebeam K40M (3000 Lumen MT-G2 + Control Ring)

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
To start from max is a bit stupid in my mind, whoever decided this, it was was a bad decision. That basically means when you need firefly you will be get blinded by 3000lumen first?

Not necessarily--this is a control ring light, so you can turn it to any output level you want, then turn it on. If you don't want to be blinded, just turn the ring to firefly before you turn on the light.

Danielsan

Enlightened
Not necessarily--this is a control ring light, so you can turn it to any output level you want, then turn it on. If you don't want to be blinded, just turn the ring to firefly before you turn on the light.

Sorry, i thought this light has no tail switch, then its indeed no problem

prototype_uk

Newly Enlightened
How would this light compare to the Eagletac MX25L3 MT-G2 or the SX25L3? I can't decide if I should purchase this light or a Eagletac :sssh:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
K40M is bigger and throwier than both, probably not brighter. UI is much better, quality is top notch and it's significantly cheaper.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
How would this light compare to the Eagletac MX25L3 MT-G2 or the SX25L3? I can't decide if I should purchase this light or a Eagletac :sssh:

Sorry, I don't have either of those so I can't weigh in on that.

K40M is bigger and throwier than both, probably not brighter. UI is much better, quality is top notch and it's significantly cheaper.

Thanks for chiming in phantom!

joshjp

Enlightened
I FINALLY got my K40M today, but i noticed that the hotspot has a lot of artifacts in the beam,is this normal for this light? It looks like the center of the hotspot is grean and theres white swirls around it, i made a video of it and will uploead to Youtube in a bit, i realy hope its supposed to be like that, my Olight M22 Warrier has the same thing to.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey joshjp! It's hard to tell for sure from your video, but I don't see anything that I'd be concerned about from 3 ft away. Being more of a thrower, Acebeam kept the reflector smooth on the K40M, vs a textured reflector. A smooth reflector is going to have some artifacts similar to that, especially a large reflector at a short distance. At longer distances I'm guessing those won't be noticeable. A textured reflector like you see in floodier lights would smooth out the beam a lot to eliminate artifacts like that, but it also would decrease the throwing distance. I don't have any shots at 3ft, but if you take a close look at some of the beamshots in the review (click on them if you can't see them right now, I think I went over my bandwidth cap for my image host) you'll see a few small artifacts in my beam as well.

joshjp

Enlightened
Im gonna go test it out in a bit, itss my favorite time (night time), i will report back later.

joshjp

Enlightened
Great, I'll look forward to hearing how it goes!
Just got back, well at 30 or so feet i cqn see it in short grass, but in the long grass i really cant, and at a couple hundred feet i cant, mayby ill get it modded by Vinh and it will mostly go away as it bothers me.

Ernst from Germany

Newly Enlightened
My Acebeam K40 m with SMO Reflektor will arrive Thursday this week. Another member of the TLF i think will test his Lamp in a comparision.
That it is for the moment, but the Fenix LD 60 and the Lumintop PS03 are waiting in the background.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Figure i just throw this in here the k40mvn my vinh the modded verion with higher output and improved heat sinking gets 105,000cd with dome on and over 200cd with domes off(same throw as sr52vn but with a hotspot 3 times the size) thats another option :)