RIP Naomi Judd

Empath

Flashaholic
The mother of Wynonna and Ashley Judd, and a Member of the country music duo The Judds, has died.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Could be many things I know my mental illness effects my physical health due to someday not being able to care for my self .rip

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Although taking your own life can be part of mental illness, it can be far more complicated. Naomi discussed her problems with it and told in her own writings.
I came very close to taking my own life in my third year of college, then dealt with depression through most of my 20s. In my case fortunately, it was mostly situational depression which eventually resolved. It sounds like that wasn't the case with her. Must have been very difficult for her to deal with. RIP.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
When I heard "mental illness," the first thing that came to my mind was alzheimer's. That is what eventually brought down Glenn Campbell. Either way it's a sad event; RIP.

UPDATE: It was suicide.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
We should all everyday say something kind to another human. We should listen to them.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Just found out about this now.
News media in my area apparently didn't think it was worth covering. Very sad and tragic.... R.I.P.