Samsung 5000k HiCRI good news and bad news

kj2

Flashaholic
I am quite sure mir of January they will ne available!

I am still hoping at some time they will also Stock the 2xAA tube. I tried it that much, but no luck until now. It also tooks a few pokes to get them the 18650 tube in Stock. Guess the 2xAA tube will be my project for 2021 if I survive the "big C"...
That AA tube is on my wishlist as well.

LuxTacGear

Newly Enlightened
My 18650 SDR50 from HDS finally shipped. I can't wait to hold it in my hands! Hopefully before christmas.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the 2xAA tube is long, but anyway I like the possibility on using Eneloop cells. Here a size compare I did long time ago between all 3 tube options:
wjb9Y3T.jpg

A
Also a compare to the Surefire Outdoorsman lights
rxXImfY.jpg

Last edited:

K-T

*Moderator*
I bugged them on the 2AA tube at least three times - always with negative reply.

When I requested the 18650 tube, the positive feedback was quick.

I survived C19, hopefulle the 2AA tube will be available in 2021

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting to see so many SDR50 in WTS lately. SDR50 with its fat hotspot is one to definitely keep.

kj2

Flashaholic
I bugged them on the 2AA tube at least three times - always with negative reply.

When I requested the 18650 tube, the positive feedback was quick.

I survived C19, hopefulle the 2AA tube will be available in 2021

I do my best and Always of there is something new at HDS I tell then the 2xAA tube would be a good addition. But until now, no success...
Well, you can say now there are at least 3 people interested in the AA tube. So they could just order 5 of them, and see how sales goes.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently there are two SDR Rotaries at K&T available. :)

And for the 2xAA tube, my advice is writing an email to K&T. Maybe of more different People writing an email they order a few tubes...?

Last edited:

doctordun

Enlightened
Will this special 5700 at 300 lumens be available for the Beryllium Copper Anniversary run?
How does this compare to the HighNoon? Is this the best HICRI available for the special run? I want everything to be special for the Beryllium Copper light.
Perhaps have been answered already and I apologize in advance.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Available only for the BeCu is the word. To some, the 5700K is the new High Noon. I will be throwing the LH351D 5700K W6 around the local park tomorrow night to see for myself. Hopefully, there will be extras of this emitter made available as an LE option some time down the road :)