Samsung INR18650 very low voltage!

RCM

Enlightened
Thought I would throw this up here since it's odd. I dismantled a power tool pack for the 18650s, each and every one reads about 1.55+ volts, I compared it to a fully charged LG cell, 4.3 or so volts since it had a bit of use.
I'm not trusting these at all for anything, the voltage is way too low. Has anyone else here ever had a pack do this?

saladsack

Newly Enlightened
Thought I would throw this up here since it's odd. I dismantled a power tool pack for the 18650s, each and every one reads about 1.55+ volts, I compared it to a fully charged LG cell, 4.3 or so volts since it had a bit of use.
I'm not trusting these at all for anything, the voltage is way too low. Has anyone else here ever had a pack do this?

Was the LG cell part of that pack? Or was it all 1.55v Samsung's?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

I've had several 18650 packs with cells of such voltage. Most often the cells are toast and at best you have lost a lot of the capacity of them. My advice is if the cells have been sitting for long at that voltage to dispose of them as most likely they will either way underperform or cause issues in charging possibly even overheating and worse.

RCM

Enlightened
I've had several 18650 packs with cells of such voltage. Most often the cells are toast and at best you have lost a lot of the capacity of them. My advice is if the cells have been sitting for long at that voltage to dispose of them as most likely they will either way underperform or cause issues in charging possibly even overheating and worse.

Exactly why I always check them before I charge them, don't need one going :poof:
All the other ones I pulled today are healthy except for 1 or 2.