Sanyo Ni-MH 2500 from China!

GTI

Newly Enlightened
Hello All,

i just bought some Sanyo 2500 from e-bay, and notice they are from CHINA.
Does anyone konw these batteries is REAL or not.

Thank you

GTi

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Sanyo Ni-MH 2500 from China?

I guess it doesn't matter where you bought them from but Sanyo batteries are made in Japan. They should have the letters "HR" stamped onto the negative teminal of the battery.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sanyo is in fact moving much production to China. This was noted with the CR123 lithium primaries several months back. There were a number of threads on this topic.

GTI

Newly Enlightened

The Sanyo 2500 from China has the "HR" stamp on the bottom. i am doing forming at the moment, hope they are good stuff. will update later on.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2500's of various branding but Sanyo manufacture I've seen that were genuine all say made in Japan. Even the newest 2700's say made in Japan, so I think you might have got ripped off.

chevrofreak said:
The 2500's of various branding but Sanyo manufacture I've seen that were genuine all say made in Japan. Even the newest 2700's say made in Japan, so I think you might have got ripped off.

New shipments of Energizer 2500mAh batts are in fact Made in China. They're starting to show up in places like Target as well.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
GE/Sanyo does have manufacturing facilities in China, so don't discount the batteries from eBay as being totally counterfeit. The fact that they're from eBay could very well be an indicator that they are.

Also there are allegedly some fake Sanyo NiMH batteries floating around that originated most likely from China. These batteries are alleged to use a larger font for the HR stamp that the real Sanyo batteries. The real Sanyo batteries should have a pearl white background, while the counterfeits have a yellowish background.

Brighteyez said:
GE/Sanyo does have manufacturing facilities in China, so don't discount the batteries from eBay as being totally counterfeit. The fact that they're from eBay could very well be an indicator that they are.

Also there are allegedly some fake Sanyo NiMH batteries floating around that originated most likely from China. These batteries are alleged to use a larger font for the HR stamp that the real Sanyo batteries. The real Sanyo batteries should have a pearl white background, while the counterfeits have a yellowish background.

Energizer NiMHs can be Sanyos but they don't have to be. They don't claim to use Sanyo batteries and they can change their OEM sources at their discretion.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't recall anything in my posting mentioning Energizer. The subject of this thread is related to Sanyo NiMH batteries that appear to have China as the Country of Origin.

I know an HR stamp is an assumption my many here that a battery is produced by GE/Sanyo; I haven't seen anything definitively confirming that either way, and this "HR" thing has been around for years.

Handlobraesing said:
Energizer NiMHs can be Sanyos but they don't have to be. They don't claim to use Sanyo batteries and they can change their OEM sources at their discretion.

Brighteyez said:
I don't recall anything in my posting mentioning Energizer. The subject of this thread is related to Sanyo NiMH batteries that appear to have China as the Country of Origin.

I know an HR stamp is an assumption my many here that a battery is produced by GE/Sanyo; I haven't seen anything definitively confirming that either way, and this "HR" thing has been around for years.

Oops... brain fart :eek:

DonnyD

Newly Enlightened
Codeman said this about the HR designation in another thread:

"The HR and LR designators are from the ANSI IEC battery standard, a joint specification of batteries between the American National Standards Institute and the International Electrotechnical Commission.

HR6 is simply another size/type classification, like 14500, L91, LR6 & AA. They all refer to the same size battery, but different countries and entities use different schemes for designating battery sizes/chemistries. They don't have anything to do with the country of manufacture."

Thank you, Codeman.