Say Good Bye R2 and Hello New Cree!!!

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, stop acting like it's a secret. Could someone please just tell us?????????:candle:

345l at 1A...imagine what a 4 die version of that would do:faint:

jake25

Enlightened
Maybe I should take a drive down to my local CREE R&D plant and ask them what's up. I've always wanted to do that.

jslappa

Enlightened
When does this come out? I don't want to read 27 comments.

I KID, I KID!

As soon as LED Zeppelin gets his hands on them later this year, I'll be begging for a MZXP-7 module!

I can't wait to read some reviews after next week's display.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it is still vaporware at the moment, but it doesn't mean we can't start dreaming now.
Just imagine a nice slim 18650 EDC light with a >.5 lumen ultralow. With this efficiency, it'll run for a loooooong time.
Plus sounds like we've got a bit of an increase in surface brightness too, so we've got even more awesome LED throwers.
:takeit:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I for one, welcome our MC-G Roomsweeper-toting overlords...

If this pans out, I know what my first Milkymod will be!

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I understand these use the same EZ100 dice as the XR-E's. Basically these are R4 emitters.

Nope. From the first images it looks like the die is different ;) Also the name suggests a lot:

Cree XP-C uses EZ700 die
Cree XP-E uses EZ1000 die
Cree XP-G uses ??? die...

lolzertank

Enlightened
AWESOME!

Nope. From the first images it looks like the die is different ;) Also the name suggests a lot:

Cree XP-C uses EZ700 die
Cree XP-E uses EZ1000 die
Cree XP-G uses ??? die...

From everyone on the other thread saying that the die is 2 mm^2, maybe EZ1400? :huh:

I hope these won't cost more than $10 a piece...:broke: if it does, its back to $4 Rebel 0100s for me! :whistle: (yeah, right.)

DM51

Flashaholic
From everyone on the other thread saying that the die is 2 mm^2
I believe it is 2 square mm, not 2 mm squared. There is a difference - the former is 1.4 x 1.4 mm = total 2 mm^2, the latter 2 x 2 mm = 4 mm^2.

So at 1.4 x 1.4 mm, this is actually still quite a small emitter - not much bigger than the XR-E. With the right reflector, MONSTER throw should be possible.