SC600 MKIV Plus vs HI

holygeez03

Enlightened
Based on my experience with the SC62w, and assuming the SC64w is even better... I just can't see the standard SC600 IV differentiating itself from the SC64. I could be wrong...

What I really want is a SC600w IV Plus with a bigger or deeper head/reflector... I feel like that would be an amazing light and still very compact.

Or if the standard SC600w IV were pushing ~2000 lumens...

markr6

Flashaholic
Based on my experience with the SC62w, and assuming the SC64w is even better... I just can't see the standard SC600 IV differentiating itself from the SC64. I could be wrong...

100% different from what I remember. Unfortunately it was long enough ago I could be wrong, but when I was comparing them at work down a long storage room, there was really no comparison. The hotspot and throw from the 600 was very different. The specs are similar, but I never put much faith into those based on experience.

holygeez03

Enlightened
Screw it... the IV HI is back in stock... I will order one and see what it's like... I have always been curious and was hoping that the IV HI would have much better specs than the MKIII... then the IV HI specs were somewhat disappointing and the Plus was announced.

If I'm not impressed... maybe I will return/sell the Plus and the HI... and try the standard MKIV.

holygeez03

Enlightened
I received my HI yesterday and tested it a little against my Plus... at the moment, I think I made the right choice for my purposes and will stick with the Plus.

The HI definitely has a tighter hotspot and the profile is closer to my SC62w, with way more intensity. But the intensity is not that much better than the Plus for me to accept the narrower beam.

Again, this is just for my purposes and both lights appear to be as described and both are impressive. But the HI will probably be going back.

holygeez03

Enlightened
I just noticed that the IV HI is on backorder again... I am about to send mine back to ZL since I decided to keep the Plus... I could just as easily send it to someone else if they need one soon... PM me if interested.

Joys_R_us

Newly Enlightened
I had the SC600w Mk II L2 and now bought the SC600 IV Hi. I always wished the Zebra had a bit more throw and I am very happy with the new Hi. Its beam spot is much stronger and more white than the SC600 Mk II which I always liked. But the Hi is clearly superior.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are all zebralights we're talking about, the difference in throw will probably be like 10k cd vs 12k cd vs 18k cd. The differences are small.

If you want a light with some throw you should look elsewhere.

I just took my Fenix Tk41 out of it's box for the first time in 2.5 years recently, and rediscovered it's decent throwing ability(for an 870L light). Its got a tight hot spot, and it's very tough and well made. Unfortunately it's also big, heavy and doesn't come with a holster. These days you can get a higher output light that throws better, that's also significantly smaller and lighter. Ahh, now I remember why it stayed in its box for 99.9% of the time I've owned it since 2012! I'm not even clear on why I bought it to begin with...