SC62w vs. PD35vn PDTn vs. P60vn Quad 219C beamshot comparison

harryk387

Newly Enlightened
Had access into an empty office building so decided to take my lights out to "stretch" their legs. From where I'm standing to the door is between 100' to 120'

First up, Zebralight SC62 in neutral white tint

Second, Fenix PD35vn PDTn

And, finally P60vn Quad Nichia 219c in Surefire 6P host- Pure flood monster (if this had the throw of the PD35vn PDTn , this light would be the perfect edc for me)

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
As OG said(not the knowledge part though :laughing: ) with drivervn2 for example, you can program it for single mode if you want, or have several modes, memory or not(always starts in low or high depending on group)

As an example, 8 quick presses to get into the selection

So for a single mode, 8 1/2 presses then 1 press for mode 1 which is 100%. I like groups 8 and 9, the 1% is useful for closer up stuff, 30% usually kicks a55 and better for heat/run times. 100% for fun and lighting up your world:D

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had access into an empty office building so decided to take my lights out to "stretch" their legs. From where I'm standing to the door is between 100' to 120'

First up, Zebralight SC62 in neutral white tint

Second, Fenix PD35vn PDTn

And, finally P60vn Quad Nichia 219c in Surefire 6P host- Pure flood monster (if this had the throw of the PD35vn PDTn , this light would be the perfect edc for me)

I'm ordering my first P60vn. Considering the nichia quad as well. Could these be dedomed for greater throw??

ven

Flashaholic
There is not really much point being in optics, however for a nice colour temp and decent reach, dont rule out the xpl HI, maybe 2x 4000k and 2x 5000k for around 4500k. I would not de-dome a nichia 219B, would ruin the tint IMO................

For more output potential, the nichia 219C 5000k ,as this can be driven harder than the nichia B(not sure which nichia you are considering). Bare in mind though, its going to get pretty warm quick over 2000lm so for short uses in the higher modes. For the close to 4000lm, its only going to be for a very short period due to the load on an 18650 cell(its a lot to ask).

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is not really much point being in optics, however for a nice colour temp and decent reach, dont rule out the xpl HI, maybe 2x 4000k and 2x 5000k for around 4500k. I would not de-dome a nichia 219B, would ruin the tint IMO................

For more output potential, the nichia 219C 5000k ,as this can be driven harder than the nichia B(not sure which nichia you are considering). Bare in mind though, its going to get pretty warm quick over 2000lm so for short uses in the higher modes. For the close to 4000lm, its only going to be for a very short period due to the load on an 18650 cell(its a lot to ask).

P60vn spec 3 is 219c quad. I've narrowed down between spec3 and spec4 which is the XPL HI 5000k quad. any suggestions? they are the same price. tbh, I am developing a taste for more throw in my lights. I've gone on some late night walks recently with the m43vn and rc40vnF and a lumapower MVP sidekick, my longest thrower and there is something cool about reaching the end of a block with a concentrated beam of light!

ven

Flashaholic
The xpl HI should reach out a bit further, i have the quad xpl HI 5000k and love it! The p60vnT i have is a nichia 219C mule, so obv no throw, just a close up wall of 5000k light!

Both would make excellent choices, spec 3 a little better for colour, spec 4 would be a little brighter i would think, but still nice colours(just a little lower on the CRI but nothing major imho). Neither are throwers though, something like a de-domed xp-g2 5000k would be a better choice for reaching the end of the block(and past). But you could get as well and just swap them round:D

The quads are a huge hot spot, pretty much a far reaching wall of light rather than throw.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
does the SC62 have a rather pronounced tint shift in person or are my eyes/monitor playing tricks on me?