Shoes Thrown at President Bush

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel sorry for the guy,all he did was throw a couple of shoes at a Bush,here he would have got just a fine! for littering :laughing:

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL reading this post reminds me of a sketch from Eddie Murphy's "Delirious". His mom threw a shoe at him whenever he got in trouble. She became so good at it she was like Clint Eastwood from "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly"...

...and when she wore heels, she got the boomerang action going on!

"She has that motherly/parental hearing so she'll be like: Wait a minute... tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tu... *CHUCK*CHUCK*... woom woom woom woom woom woom woom woom *BAM* AAAUGH! woom woom woom woom woom! *CHUCK*CHUCK*... let's go."

Hilarious.:crackup:

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems my fellow New Yorkers will latch onto any trend, as long as it's anti-Bush. Who needs substance when you've got symbolism. (Yes, they honestly have nothing better to do). :laughing:

http://www.huliq.com/3302/74553/new-yorkers-copy-iraqi-shoe-throwing-protest

"At least a handful of New Yorkers have spontaneously begun to copy the actions of the Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at U.S. President George W. Bush as an insult by throwing old pairs of their own shoes up into neighborhood trees and telephone poles in a way that their soles are plainly visible to passersby."

That's odd. They've been doing that tied shoes thrown over something high thing for the past 10 years or so around here. It was just tapering off as a "thing to do".

Culhain

Enlightened
LOL, I just happened to recall an incident from 1960 when Soviet Premier Krushchev, during a United Nations meet, took off a shoe and beat it on his desk to protest what a speaker was saying.

At the time, that action was viewed as very offensive. Today, society has matured, and I and many others find that shoes, particularly smelly old shoes, have much in common with politics. Krushchev was ahead of his time.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, I just happened to recall an incident from 1960 when Soviet Premier Krushchev, during a United Nations meet, took off a shoe and beat it on his desk to protest what a speaker was saying.

At the time, that action was viewed as very offensive.
Yes I would find it offensive also, especially if he had 5 day old socks on :faint:

dig-it

Newly Enlightened
Come on folks, Bush did nothing special. Every married man should be an expert at ducking thrown shoes.:grin2:

Wonder what the result would have been had he thjrew shoes at Saddam?

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
053_pics.jpg

Latest posts