Show us your KROMA/PKEF/DARPA lights!

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks and no worries! :thumbsup:

They are actually yellow-green but I was in a hurry and didn't get a chance to make them look the correct colour :(

They are certainly not as bright as the red or blue ones.

The little piece on the tailcap is a tail standing mod.
I also have the original piece :thumbsup:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really want a DARPA 5K now :crazy:

Good luck. not too many Darpas runnin around. I had to piece mine together. Check with DAFAB he might still have some Darpa bodies. but be warned. the darpa bodies dont work very well. std K2 tailcaps dont work with the body. the UI gets all screwed up due to weird thread lengths. It works fine as a U2 host. There was a different tailcap, that SG no longer makes, that came with the DARPA lights. I dont have it. but I suspect it might solve the Darpa body problems.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like Solscud007 said, they are VERY hard to find. By the way, notice they all have the Z59 click-on tailcaps, not the PKEF/KROMA-type twisties. That could explain the twisties not working on the DARPA bodies. My twisty did not work on my DARPA body, either.

These DARPA lights, as shown below, are three versions that some of us know of so far. These are not mine and these are not my pictures. I don't know where I got the top pic. The two bottom pics were posted by CPF'er ATSUSMC, in one of the very few threads he posted back in 2007 and hasn't posted for a while.

def123svg5.jpg

MyDARPAlights.jpg

DEFlights5.jpg

I wouldn't mind having the DEF2. That TIR optic is beautiful!:drool:

Last edited:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually the DARPA DEF3 have a prototype click dual stage tailcap. contrary to the picture. DARPA kromas have a special tailcap.

Right. The elusive two-stage twisty/clickie that seems as hard to find as the DARPA DEF2.:rolleyes:

I knew about the prototype twistie/clickie for some of the PKEF lights already. I did not know about the DARPA lights having them.

Collecting discontinued/specialty/prototype lights can be just as frustrating as collecting "vaporware" lights.:hairpull:

I've been trying to collect the UB2 and the P61L for a while now!:banghead:

Last edited:

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been digging around again. So many cool old threads. Its been five years for this one.

Here is my DEF-3D-8K It came from a Captain on a US aircraft carrier.
DEF3D800x_zpseb150d06.jpg

:wave:

baseballfanatic

Newly Enlightened
znk95f8w

Hello,

I know this is an old post but maybe it's worth bringing back to the top.

I have 2 DARPA and a Kroma Mil-Spec Surfire lights in like new condition. The DARPA's are the DEF 2 8k SN B00089 with the huge head and the DEF 1 SN A00177 and the Kroma SN is A62153. They're all in like new condition with the original boxes and warranty cards, but some moron took the Surefire labels off of the box.

I love these lights, I've had them since 2006 - 2008, I heard they've become hard to find, so I thought I'd share them with you guys.

I have excellent pics on my phone, but I'm an old analog guy trapped in a digital world, so if someone can tell me how to post pics, I'll put them up here.

The link to the photos is https://postimg.cc/gallery/znk95f8w/

Thanks

Last edited: