Show your nightstand flashlight!

Amazing home,
Thank you. Mother-in-law quipped that it was a nice starter home. We still love it after 38 years. 🤓

collection,
Thank you. Enjoying the hobby has been an everyday part of my life for about 13.5 years.

and organization!
Thanks again. Sharing the collection with other enthusiasts adds to the enjoyment of our silly little hobby. It's only on the rarest of occasions that I'll post a picture of the entire collection, don't want people thinking I'm crazy or merely showing off.

IMG_4376.JPG

boo5ted

Enlightened
I've had this one forever and it's the perfect nightstand light imo. It has all the requirements (to me atleast lol) for it's job. 3k 219c, diffused lens, sub lumen low and bright enough to see anything I might need.

Attachments

• 20230903_180120-COLLAGE.jpg
    20230903_180120-COLLAGE.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 84

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everyone's different. For my uses, I rarely use full output. I get by with moonlight sub lumen levels and I'd say around 300 lumen is max for my normal usage

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everyone's different. For my uses, I rarely use full output. I get by with moonlight sub lumen levels and I'd say around 300 lumen is max for my normal usage
No I was kinda being serious. Most of my lights are incans. So they are low output and low runtimes. Unless you're in a power outage 70% of the time what use is moonlight mode? Bathroom breaks in the night? Then you only need 2 mins runtime. Not days. Btw 300 lumens is a ton

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
No I was kinda being serious. Most of my lights are incans. So they are low output and low runtimes. Unless you're in a power outage 70% of the time what use is moonlight mode? Bathroom breaks in the night? Then you only need 2 mins runtime. Not days. Btw 300 lumens is a ton
Now days 300 lumens to 90% of the crowd is weak. Do I use around 300 lumens? Sometimes at work, but my normal average lumen level id say is between 20-50

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now days 300 lumens to 90% of the crowd is weak. Do I use around 300 lumens? Sometimes at work, but my normal average lumen level id say is between 20-50
Ya same here. I prefer around 40 L for being outside at night. Sometimes less, sometimes a little more. What I meant about runtimes is as long as I get roughly 2 hours, that's all I need. Usually it's much less though

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
300 lumens in a well focused beam is a hell of a lot more than 300 lumens out of a mismatched led and reflector
Agreed. I'm more of nice balance between flood and throw. One of the reasons I choose Malkoff lights. The reflectors made by Don Mcleish (McGizmo) are the best I've used. Very little lumens seem like a lot more because of the nice reflector paired with candela is perfection.

indigon

Enlightened
A tiny Weltool M-6 20 lumen AAA is all you need for a little nightstand light.
Quality 3000k mini penlight/inspection light.

Link

1000005522.png

Last edited:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
A tiny Weltool M-6 20 lumen AAA is all you need for a little nightstand light.
Quality 3000k mini penlight/inspection light.
No offense, some of us need more.
I couldn't agree with you more. It is good to see you @Monocrom. Hope you and the family had a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

My current nightstand lineup.
Nightstand Lights.jpg

IMG-6442.jpg

IMG-6271.jpg

I have had as many as this on my nightstand
IMG_8421.JPG