Show your nightstand flashlight!

fuyume

Enlightened
Oh, when I'm stealth camping, my bedside light is an ancient 1st gen CMG Infinity Task Light with a green emitter. Much dimmer than my usual EDC suspects, so less likely to be seen by overly-inquisitive authoritarians.

038F432A-DEED-46E1-9F43-0136858CF0AB.gif

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't posted here in awhile, and it's been awhile since I got a new light. All these lights on my nightstand have stood the test of time, so I haven't needed anything new. Guess I don't qualify as a flashaholic anymore. Also including a picture of my EDC for years now.

Thanks for the invite @Jelly

On my nightstand
NS5.jpeg

Some AAA. Have many more in my edc bag.
NS1.jpeg

An old Surefire Frankenlight...
NS3.jpeg

Is Scott Clawson still around? An old Milkyspit Special...
NS2.jpeg

And my EDC lights...
EDC.jpeg

Last edited:

GadgetGeek

Newly Enlightened
Surefire EDCL2-T & LX2, Zebralight SC600w Mk IV Plus, SC700d & H51w headlamp and recently added Fenix TK16 V2.0 on the nightstand.

Edit: I also have a Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA dual fuel on the way.

Last edited:

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made my bedside "flashlight". It uses one 18650 cell, has a built-in USB charger. A nanjg101 driver with 2 - 7135's drives an XT-E royal blue led with a dome-shaped remote phosphor. Turns on in moonlight and has 4 more levels to choose from. I made it in 2017 for the BLF competition. [I see I should have dusted it before snapping the pictures. ;) ]
Outstanding job !

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made my bedside "flashlight". It uses one 18650 cell, has a built-in USB charger. A nanjg101 driver with 2 - 7135's drives an XT-E royal blue led with a dome-shaped remote phosphor. Turns on in moonlight and has 4 more levels to choose from. I made it in 2017 for the BLF competition. [I see I should have dusted it before snapping the pictures. ;)

Nice!

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
My nightstand flashlights vary from time to time. One I like for simple eye-easy illumination is the Lumintop Geek. The UI is weird, but you can put it in a mode where only the side LED's function, the array of five warm 5mm LED's. Not quite moonlight low, but low enough with 3 brightness levels. And it's side projected so you can easily face it away from you while standing. When in forward emitter mode, the side array can be optionally lit, for a set of 3 higher intensity brightness settings as well. Again, weird UI... but I like this thing.
qhKgpRd.jpg

Looks almost like an old Star Trek hand phaser. :cool:

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
The nightstand light that gets the most use here is an Olight Obulb. Easy to grab, doesn't get knocked down and scratch the furniture when I reach for it in the dark, easy to keep on the bed while watching tv without it getting lost in the comforter. I have a Fenix TK35, Olight S2R Baton Pro and S1R Baton II on the nightstand also but ever since I got the Obulb it gets 99% of the use. It's a wonderful invention.

Nightstand is a cluttered mess not picture worthy right now but here's the light.

Attachments

• E1E74F4D-DB63-4D8D-A988-A77FF3D99F0B.jpeg
    E1E74F4D-DB63-4D8D-A988-A77FF3D99F0B.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 120

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I don't have as many exotic lights as other members here would when it comes to this subject, but at present my go-to nightstand light would be the Streamlight Scorpion with a Lumens Factory tower module installed, which yields a very large beam profile (with good hotspot and more than enough sidespill). Specs: Nichia 319a 4000K, single-mode 1.6A buck driver, around 800lm gross output. Sorry no pics but anyone who has encountered this setup should get the idea......

My nightstand flashlights vary from time to time. One I like for simple eye-easy illumination is the Lumintop Geek. The UI is weird, but you can put it in a mode where only the side LED's function, the array of five warm 5mm LED's. Not quite moonlight low, but low enough with 3 brightness levels. And it's side projected so you can easily face it away from you while standing. When in forward emitter mode, the side array can be optionally lit, for a set of 3 higher intensity brightness settings as well. Again, weird UI... but I like this thing.

Looks almost like an old Star Trek hand phaser. :cool:
I love the L@@K of both of your lights. Very cool, and I was reminded of the Star Trek phaser, also.