Show your Rare/Unusual SureFires - Part 3

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
I've been wondering how many strange and unusual Surefires are out there floating around that need to be brought to the light...

If you have any Surefires that have Laser Etching/Engravings or Lack there of, or Strange Colors, Darpa models, PROTOTYPES, Old and forgotten models, Flaws that slipped through Quality Control, or any SF light that you think should be posted that meets a like description. That includes Porcupines, Low serial numbers(even though they don't go in any particular order) and Anything Else UNUSUAL

Please post em.....

The 6P is probably SureFire's most common light. Nothing strange or unusual about them. But what's going on with this old round body? Was this made on a Friday when the workers just couldn't wait to head out to Happy Hour?

Off-center markings

47126730452_48d7977ca4_c.jpg

Pitted aluminum body. Those aren't dents, in addition to the exposed exterior they also exist on the part covered by the head. Plus there is ano on the rough parts.

25014134577_6315e18420_c.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The 6P is probably SureFire's most common light. Nothing strange or unusual about them. But what's going on with this old round body? Was this made on a Friday when the workers just couldn't wait to head out to Happy Hour?

Off-center markings

47126730452_48d7977ca4_c.jpg

Pitted aluminum body. Those aren't dents, in addition to the exposed exterior they also exist on the part covered by the head. Plus there is ano on the rough parts.

25014134577_6315e18420_c.jpg

PK once told me that often times flawed items were discarded into a trash can and workers would pluck the flawed parts out and build a light from them before that big auction site was conceived. Later he said many were sold at said big auction site.

He said later flawed parts and pieces were destroyed to prevent sub-par lights from getting out to the public.

Last edited:

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Makes sense. A credible origin story for this light, given that it came from SF's backyard.

Despite the cosmetics, this light works perfectly. With an M61WLL in it, she gives off an old-school vibe. It's one of my favorites.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do all 6P's have the model on the tail cap? I have one w/o any model number, but with the etching on the back of it.

No, some don't. It all depends on the model year. I've never been able to find a definitive guide as to the labeling changes and years. I do know some of the earliest have a smooth switch cover instead of the later knurled design.

Is that light blue, or is it the lighting?

Looks like their standard blue to me. I don't know that they made a light blue. I've also seen silver, red, and purple in the Classic model. Very tough to find! I passed on a blue one a few years back and I'm still kicking myself.

d337944

Enlightened
Blackbird13 has a photo of this on the first page of this thread, but this is my contribution. According to Paul Kim (I e-mailed him after purchasing this) only a handful were actually ever produced!

20190316_114202.jpg
20190323_115832.jpg

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fascinating reading through these threads after a long break from the forum. There are some really amazing lights and collections!

bound

Enlightened
HELLFIRE Prototype??
This hellfire, which is supposed to be a pre-production version, has 5 cooling rings, not 6 cooling rings in the production version. Other differences, I'm still sorting them out and looking forward to presenting...
640-1.jpg

640-2.jpg

640-3.jpg

640-4.jpg

Last edited:

bound

Enlightened
I made an analysis of the types and quantities of HELLFIRE and HELLFIGHTER based on the information I could find for your reference. If there are any errors in the data and contents, please let me know and I will correct them.
1. The date of products is illustrated in the picture. For example, HELLFIRE Prototype V1 and V2 are respectively labeled as prototypes (unmass-produced products). HELLFIRE and HELLFIGHTER for mass production also use V+ number to mark the order of production.
2. The yellow arrows in the picture indicate the differences of products of different ages.
3. As for the quantity of products in different ages, I calculated it, especially the quantity of the first generation HELLFIRE. HELLFIGHTER starts out fairly accurately.
4. The table illustrates the differences of products in different ages.
5. The types and quantities of HELLFIGHTER 4 and HELLFIGHTER 5 are not counted in the pictures and tables.
I hope that through the analysis of the product model and the production quantity of each model, I can fully understand its situation. This information is not very practical, but for a lover, it is part of the hobby. What's more, we love them, so we should learn more about them, which will become part of our fun.
1.jpg

No cooling ring

2.jpg

3.jpg

HELLLFIRE Prototype 5 cooling rings

4.jpg

HELLFIRE V1 5 cooling rings

5.jpg

HELLFIRE V2 6 cooling rings

66.jpg

HELLLFIGHTER V1 6 cooling rings

7.jpg

HELLFIGHTER V2 6 cooling rings
8.jpg

HELLFIGHTER V3 6 cooling sings

9-1.jpg

Last edited:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! Good to see plenty of familiar names around.

Shame so many pictures from these threads seem to have been lost. I don't suppose anyone managed to save them?

Blackbird13

Enlightened
I will be traveling home from working out of town. I have many new lights for this thread and can't wait to share, I have been putting it off for a couple years , but I am anxious to be getting time off to do this

Blackbird13

Enlightened
Thanks! Good to see plenty of familiar names around.

Shame so many pictures from these threads seem to have been lost. I don't suppose anyone managed to save them?
it is very sad, we all used to love to keep going back over the same pics over and over again, very not cool

bound

Enlightened
Good to see y'all back, Bound and Tempest UK.
Hi Blackbird13,Tempest UK,I find it very regrettable that too many pictures have been lost. Those pictures are like an indelible memory, calling us at all times. Fortunately, I have saved most of them. I think it may be the reason for the image website. Regarding images of Hellfire, I am trying to repair or find other image websites and upload them, and I look forward to finding such websites.Brian