Show your Solarforce Part II

ven

Flashaholic
Back to basics.............

Honest....spiderman is not mine! even Callum is not impressed as he is past that part of his flashlight collection! a while back! Yet for others it seems a challenge to understand :laughing:
Anyway.........
Only got for the 18350 compact size

EDCplus triple 4000k

Dont quite feel right

:thinking:

Always this option

But there is something about the smooth feel and easier to pocket standard head

All subject to change:) and change again................

twin63

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple of L2M's that I typically use as coat pocket lights when I want a P60 but don't want the added bulk or weight of a 6P or L2P. I always liked the Surefire 3P but never got around to buying one. The L2M fills that gap for me...for about $300 less;). Probably not the most practical light out there, but I enjoy mine.

ven

Flashaholic
I hope to try it out for winter EDC use from time to time(if it does not end up in work), like you say in a coat its not too bad for carry.

david57strat

Enlightened
Here is the latest picture of my Solarforce family, which include the addition of two new L2D hosts, which are loaded with Mountain Electronics XM-L2 U3 3D 5-mode drop-ins. The third (original) L2D has an International Outdoors XP-L U5 7A3 3-mode drop-in (One of the warmest P60 lights that I own).

zfr21E2.jpg

One change to one of the existing lights was done to the L2P (pictured in the middle/foreground. That light remains one of my main EDCs. I replaced the standard body with a 18650-bored Surefire 6P body, that I picked up on Oveready.

This is to be a three-stage process, with the ultimate goal resulting in a light with a Cryos cooling bezel, housing a far more powerful quad Nichia drop-in (rather than the Sportac triple Nichia currently installed), and a higher amperage tail switch, to support the heavier amperage load.

At the end of this process, the light will no longer be a Solarforce, at all - which means, I need to purchase another Solarforce, to keep the number at twenty (I hate odd numbers. That's as good an excuse as any, right?).

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Thats an amazing solarfoce line up David, loving the stainless(nearest) but can never find any stock. Closest i can find is the spiderfire stainless steel which is p60 compatible............might bite one day, price is a little too steep imo though.(around £60)

ven

Flashaholic
Cool pic mr feeze, loving the L2T!

Here are a few random ones(dont think posted here). Work lights, with some solarforce thrown in.............

ven

Flashaholic
I don't have a clue mr freeze tbh. Before lumens , colour temp, tint, UI, form and beam type takes priority for me. I would take 1000lm of 219b 4000k before 3000lm of xml2 6500k for example.

Still it's even better to have 3000lm of 219b 4000k instead :whistle:

TexasLumens

Newly Enlightened
Well OK... you owe me $100. :thumbsup: I like the light... But HAD TO HAVE THE KNIFE!!! Nice looking pair. Thanks for sharing.... waiting by the mailbox now. Camping out.... ;-) TL