Show your Solarforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.p.

Enlightened
I was wondering how it would stay on your belt or in your pocket with the clip that way!?!?! :eek:

Love the silver! :thumbsup:

tenka

Newly Enlightened
Tenka how many cells are you running in those?

only use a cell, to reduce weight

P1010337.jpg

Last edited:

g.p.

Enlightened
Since your only using one cell, is the extra length just for laying down some serious beatings!?!?! :eek:oo: :naughty: :eek: :thumbsup:

Blitzwing

Enlightened
Here are mine.

Closest is a natural L2 with Ultrafire 3 mode XML and SMO with stainless assault crown and lanyard ring. This lives beside the bed. :)

Middle is a sort of sand (looks more like Ti to me) L2 with XR-E R2 and OP, with the stainless bezel smoothed over and rounded to remove the sharp edges.

Then another L2 with a sand body tube, with the sort of Ti coloured head and tailcaps, flat stainless bezel, XRE-R2 SMO dropin and lanyard. This is used as a hunting light, around my neck for scouting out game.

P1060155.jpg

This L2 gets rifle mounted, hence the Weaver ring. XR-E R2, SMO and DX aspheric.

P1060157.jpg

The Pro-1 on L2i body. Again, this wears a Weaver ring for rifle mounting. Needs a 30mm Weaver ring, lined with some inner tube to make it fit as the L2i seems to be about 29mm Also has an O ring between head and body as I found a protected 18650 was very tight.

P1060158.jpg

All have GITD switch boots from DX and all have the red and black 18650 Trustfires in them.

P1060160.jpg

Yes, I like Solarforce lights, IMO best bang for the buck going. :)

P1060159.jpg

Last edited:

borealis

Newly Enlightened
very nice. what do you (and everyone in general) use as liner for the weaver mounts? Is it an actual bike tire inner tube, or something else?

Blitzwing

Enlightened
very nice. what do you (and everyone in general) use as liner for the weaver mounts? Is it an actual bike tire inner tube, or something else?

Thanks borealis.

If you are worried about marking your light with the rings, a layer of electrical tape is all that's needed with 25mm rings and a regular 25mm torch body. With the L2i and the 30mm rings, I used bike inner tube to take up the little bit of slack and protect the body of the light.

criminalhate

Newly Enlightened
It's a L2mm (mini mini)

Take off the battery tube of an L2 and screw the switch on in it's place. Typically uses CR2 batteries. Although that's the first I've seen using the S7 switch.

mitro

Newly Enlightened
I like this method, I have seen others stack o-rings here to fill the gap but this is much better. Did you use a Hacksaw and sand it after?

Also the link to your pictures needs a password
Sorry about the pictures, the album is now public.

I would have probably done a WORSE job with a hacksaw, I just used a bench grinder and finished it with a little sanding. The threads aren't perfect, but it works for me.

Here a few snapshots of my "L1.5P": :)

l15p2.jpg

l15p1.jpg

l15p3.jpg

Parts:

L2P tailcap & bezel
L2M body
18500 cell
XPG R4 5B dropin with driver missing two 7135s for only 750mA on high (and a nice medium & low)
diffused lens
O-rings arranged to make cigar grip (and cover the seam of the body/tail)

This is my nightstand light. If I need a little light in the room or need to go explore a "bump", this thing has more than enough. Is a battery crusher though. There's no spring on the dropin and one in the tail is REALLY compressed. That's why I have to have those o-rings, so I can back the cap off a bit. It should get over an hour and a half on high and I've run low for well over 24 hours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.