Single AAA LED lights.

Mikesch54

Newly Enlightened
I am using a low budged keychain flashlite: ThorFire TS3A. It's fully steel and has a tailcap clicky also made of steel.

CJLumens

Newly Enlightened
Maglite Solitaire is the Rodney Dangerfield of triple a flashlights. So to me, it's nice to see it mentioned in this thread. Trouble is, box stores don't seem to be restocking them anymore.

Agreed! But, they are in stock online... Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/MAGLITE-SJ3A016-37-lumen-Maglite-LED-Solitaire-black/28941042 and Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009TC5XTI/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I'm interested in giving one of these Thrunites a try (If my TN4A is any indication, it'll be a winner!): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EC0FY1O/?tag=cpf0b6-20

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Home depot still sells LED Solitaires, they are usually up in the end caps next to the check out registers.

elzilcho

Enlightened
I really like the Lumintop Tool (I have the Ti version) but the battery life has been extraordinarily bad. Maybe I got a lemon but I stopped using it because it was burning through batteries at about 4x the rate of lights with similar lumen levels. Switched back to the Microstream and, though I miss the tailstand capability, it's a much more efficient light.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the Lumintop Tool (I have the Ti version) but the battery life has been extraordinarily bad. Maybe I got a lemon but I stopped using it because it was burning through batteries at about 4x the rate of lights with similar lumen levels. Switched back to the Microstream and, though I miss the tailstand capability, it's a much more efficient light.

I have been using the old 37 lumen LED Solitaire everyday since they came out - for me, 37 lumens is plenty of light for a key chain light. It's rare that I would need or want much more lumens; though at times a bit more throw would be good, but that ain't happening to any great extent, out of such a small reflector no matter how many lumens gets pushed through it.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just found out about the Thrunite Ti5 which has the same modes as the Ti3 but is a clicky instead of a twisty.

Anyone tried it yet?

--flatline

Vemice

Enlightened
Been really likin' this Vollsion SP 11. It is a twisty but tightens to turn off which I love for one hand operation.
Also has a trit in the tail and very nice knurling.

K9bDCrRb.jpg

_amass

Newly Enlightened
The only single AAA lights I have are the Maglite Solitaire LED and I just recently got the Killzone 348. I like both of them a lot. The Maglite lives on my nightstand. It's not too bright to blind me in the middle of the night. Also doesn't take up too much space. I have spent a ton of time with the 348 yet but so far I like it. It definitely gets really hot with a 10440. I haven't tried it with a standard AAA so I can't comment on that. I would definitely recommend both of them. Like others have mentioned they still sell the Solitaire in stores. I was just at a Home Depot yesterday and they had a ton of them in the flashlight sections and ensr the registers.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found that I prefer for EDC a single mode light. I have given many to friends, the ladies at church, and nurses and Drs.where I go.
Most are not interested in multiple mode lights and just want a light when going to their car from a building. I use an EDC for various jobs, but find multiple modes too much trouble. I have some of the favorites mentioned here, but have mostly been using and giving Hugsby XP1 or clones. The clones I have purchased have worked and been reliable. Many sell for less that $3.
I also like the Mini Singfire 348, but it is a little heavier than the Hugsby.
Jerry

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
The two that I carry are the Manker E02 and the Factor Equipment Mizpah 130, which has the most bestest 2-way pocket clip ever.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few years back I went on a fishing trip in Northern Ontario. The camp was way out in the middle of nowhere. Beautiful place and the camp was excellent. The owner Doug was constantly running around working on stuff\ fixing things etc. One morning we couldn't get the stove to light. He comes over and whips out a tiny light from his pocket, peers in, does his magic, and it fires up. I saw him two other times reach in his pocket and use his mini flashlight here and there. Before we left, I asked what light he had. He quickly took it out of his pocket and it was a Solitaire LED. He said something about how they always worked for him just fine and he's used them forever. Pretty cool to see a dude like that taking care of a whole fishing camp and relying on a Solitaire. My guess is he has other lights laying around but that Solitiare sure got a lot of use. I've been using an incan version every night since it was gifted to me. Not sure how much longer I can hold out on an LED version.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LED Solitaire is excellent. It's my go-to gift light for muggles.

The old incandescent Solitaire was great compared to the competition when it came out, but is only slightly better than nothing now.

--flatline

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't see the Fenix E01 mentioned yet. Not the greatest tint, but it is probably the most durable, reliable AAA light according to legend.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a dedicated nightstand light, being used when your eyes are dark adapted, the incan solitaire is maybe the best I've tried. I prefer it over the Ti3 firefly mode, zebralight sublumen levels, and an E01 with a diffuser. I agree that during the day it's not much help.
The LED Solitaire is excellent. It's my go-to gift light for muggles.

The old incandescent Solitaire was great compared to the competition when it came out, but is only slightly better than nothing now.

--flatline

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Olight i3T EOS is worth a look. I would like to see it available in neutral but the cool white is not bad. Plenty bright on high and the low is more useful than I would have thought based on the 5 lumen rating. Pairs nicely with with my neutral Thrunite AAA or another small AAA twisty for a 2 light EDC.

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
Best mod for the micro stream or stylus pro, unscrew and take off the rubber clicky boot, cut a tiny piece of bicycle inner tube and place it inside the boot and put back together. Makes activating the light WORLDS easier. Can't remember where I saw that but do it.......do it now.

Nice mod, gurdygurds (a.k.a. Mr. E01), but I also like removing the heads of my Microstream and Stylus Pros and replacing them with 1st gen Preon heads for the multi-mode functionality.

Last edited:

alex74

Newly Enlightened
hello something approaching could be the ultratac k18 and then buy "ultrac usb li-ion charger" that applies to the torch
or you could evaluate the "dqg hobi" and buy the extension to use it with a 10440 that I had found once if my memories are right