Harbor Freight free lights?

Hogan773

Newly Enlightened
Hi

haven't been on here in a while

I have a bunch of those Sipik clones that I got on eBay a while back. I like that they use 1xAA because I have a bunch of Eneloops and a charger.

FIrst question is there a really better little light that is cheap (like 5 bucks or less) and pocketable that you all like?

second there is a coupon for free Harbor Freight LED flashlights. Seems like they are better now in that they have 1 LED and not those ring of hardly bright LEDs like the old days. But they are 3xAAA which I dont like.
yes they are "free with purchase" but still takes time and gas to drive over and then I am stuck with needed 3xAAAs

I use these little lights for general stuff around the house, DIY fixing stuff, and picking up dog poops at night on walks haha. So I don't need tactical knurls to kill my attacker etc

any thoughts appreciated

Hogan773

Newly Enlightened
Go to WalMart, look in the automotive section for "hyper tough" lights. There's a variety of low budget numbers to pick from.
Ok will do

I figured something on eBay or Amazon would be the best deal

In a real quick Amazon search it seems like those Sipik styles are still going strong but a lot of sellers are selling them in like a 5 pack for a few bucks per light

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I have been tempted by the Energizer TAC 1AA (I have an older pineapple generation), they would easily fulfill your needs but come in a little higher at $7 and up on Amazon.
Might be ideal for a replacement single-AA LED light in the Pre-Made 2-person Bug-out pack I recently bought. Won't mention the name of the company that makes it. Overpriced and definitely missing some important items, while including some useless ones in it. (I mostly bought it to review on my YouTube channel, if I'm completely honest.)

No headlamp. One cheapo coin-cell squeeze light. And, one Made in China generic AA LED light. The one everyone has seen. Black Tacti-cool with a flush mounted orange tailcap switch. I don't trust that thing at all. The Energizer looks like a decent, inexpensive replacement for it. Just going to live in the pack with an Energizer AA lithium inside of it. (The Tacti-cool AA light came without a battery, and without one in the pack for it. Brilliant!)

letschat7

Suspended
I was always afraid if I got a free Harbour Freight showerhead light that whilst leaving I would get ran over by an automobile and they would give my belongings to my sister and she would think I like HF.

Philips makes a cheap AAA x3 that has quite a bit of throw that probably cost a tenner.

Poppy

Flashaholic
You might consider getting one of those Rayovac 18650 rechargeables at Walmart for about $10. In reality it is not much larger than those triple AAA single led lights that you refer to. It is much more of a light than those, and you don't have to buy batteries. You probably already have a wall wart for charging it.

1693132550709.png

PostMintDamage

Newly Enlightened
To bad HF would make it easier to change batteries. Trying to take those 3 screws out and then putting them back with a very small screwdriver is not easy. I have seen a similar model which you slide off in the middle.

Attachments

• IMG_0060.jpeg
    IMG_0060.jpeg
    507.7 KB · Views: 78

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the little sipik lights. I used to buy them in bulk and give them out. I dropped one off of a lift about 30 feet once and it survived. That was all I needed to see. I have a couple modded by skylumen as well.

The energizer tac light mentioned above are actually decent and what I was going to suggest before I read the thread. There's also the little ozark trail lights or whatever they are called now in the camping section at Walmart. Last time I checked they were around 5 bucks. Literally endless budget options out there.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

haven't been on here in a while

I have a bunch of those Sipik clones that I got on eBay a while back. I like that they use 1xAA because I have a bunch of Eneloops and a charger.

FIrst question is there a really better little light that is cheap (like 5 bucks or less) and pocketable that you all like?

second there is a coupon for free Harbor Freight LED flashlights. Seems like they are better now in that they have 1 LED and not those ring of hardly bright LEDs like the old days. But they are 3xAAA which I dont like.
yes they are "free with purchase" but still takes time and gas to drive over and then I am stuck with needed 3xAAAs

I use these little lights for general stuff around the house, DIY fixing stuff, and picking up dog poops at night on walks haha. So I don't need tactical knurls to kill my attacker etc

any thoughts appreciated
Check out your local thrift stores-DAV, Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc. You should be able to find some better used lights for the money.

Latest posts