• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sirius - Brightest in The Sky

hahoo

Enlightened
I am happy with 80K lumen and 500Kcd.

Oh May be 7lbs?

same numbers as my tn40 vn
8000 lumens, and 500 k lux.
so whats the big deal ?
oh, you said 80,000 lumens, not 8000 !! lol !:faint:;)
ahh, thats only 10 TIMES THE LUMENS OF THE PAULTRY TN 4O VN !!!!
80,000 lumens , and a throw of 9/10 ths of a mile , would be insane...in a good way:thumbsup:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Actually there wont really be any accurate way to measure this thing once its done.....Hmmm....

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually there wont really be any accurate way to measure this thing once its done.....Hmmm....

Maybe....maybe not. There's a guy on the other forum making and selling lumen tubes. He is looking into getting a opening large enough for the blf gt.

Agpp

Enlightened
Great idea about using the smaller TIRs. they really seem better than Carclo.
It would be interesting to see a similar light with Osram Q8WP. Very low Vf could result in output not far from XHP35. But with much more cd. Way less efficient though...
And the lack of suitable MCPCBs would make such project much harder...

BTW, have you considered doing a light with Polymer Optics TIRs? These seem to be a good way to fill a large head. And they fit XHP50.2. ;)

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may have to use the "integrating bathroom" method of measuring lumens!:twothumbs

My guess is 140,000 lumens, 650k lux and 6.5 lbs.

magnum70383

Enlightened
Hello guys! It's been a while since I've added a light to my collection. The last one was the Rev Victor. This light has definitely got my attention. Do we have a ball park price on this monster light? :)

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello guys! It's been a while since I've added a light to my collection. The last one was the Rev Victor. This light has definitely got my attention. Do we have a ball park price on this monster light? :)

If you are looking for exact numbers your best bet is to email Vinh directly.

Zandar

Enlightened
I would think were closer to the $3000 range for this phenomenal light. All those leds and all that hand work have got to really drive the price up. But of course Me want!!!!!

BVH

Flashaholic
You've been making the HID boys nervous for years.

Now it would appear you're going after the surplus military searchlight crowd. :D

Now, Now, Now....I would not be so bold as to go that far. :D Us surplus military and aviation Short Arc searchlight people deal in 30,000,000 - 100,000,000 True and Honest C.P. (I've been responsible for producing 800,000,000 CP form one of my lights in the past) And, for the record, as an HID guy too, I'm not the least bit nervous. Aux Contrere, I'm excited about LEDs reaching HID and some low Wattage Short Arc performance levels. :D

Last edited: