• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sirius - Brightest in The Sky

Bronco

Enlightened
Now, Now, Now....I would not be so bold as to go that far. :D Us surplus military and aviation Short Arc searchlight people deal in 30,000,000 - 100,000,000 True and Honest C.P. (I've been responsible for producing 800,000,000 CP form one of my lights in the past) And, for the record, as an HID guy too, I'm not the least bit nervous. Aux Contrere, I'm excited about LEDs reaching HID and some low Wattage Short Arc performance levels. :D

Okay, fair enough. :D

hahoo

Enlightened
Now, Now, Now....I would not be so bold as to go that far. :D Us surplus military and aviation Short Arc searchlight people deal in 30,000,000 - 100,000,000 True and Honest C.P. (I've been responsible for producing 800,000,000 CP form one of my lights in the past) And, for the record, as an HID guy too, I'm not the least bit nervous. Aux Contrere, I'm excited about LEDs reaching HID and some low Wattage Short Arc performance levels. :D

800 million cp, are you serious ?:eek:
the KING of the hid kingdom has spoken...
all hail the king!:bow:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
So the light is incredibly bright as expected. Solis is not here for direct comparison yet. Its on loan.
But the throw is only 300Kcd. I think XHP35 HI and Quad optics couldnt match the throw of the XPL HI and Triples.
But its freakinggggg bright!!!!

Not hitting 500Kcd mean this one will be a one off light only. :)

Sirius VS Solis beam shots when its in.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
What if you filled the head of the GT with a bunch of 35 HIs in U21 reflectors or something similar towards the middle of the head, and have a bunch of triples towards the edges of the head?

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
More pain in the neck than any other lights I have ever worked on! But I love it! Its fianlly coming together. Will be one of the big boys for tonight Shots.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
So what changes did you do to get it from 300kcd to 400kcd?

More boost, carriers redone with double springs and bypass wires, Optics readjusted and glued fixed, polished surface below MCPCB and heat sink top, improved thermal paste, make sure all screws torque to maximum, trim all wiring to shortest length possible, add extra solder to ALL connections points.

Ka Ching ;-)

Agpp

Enlightened
Just noticed...these lenses don't look like Manker E14 ones. Carclo?

Latest posts