• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

Bronco

Enlightened
Now it's time to get working on those P60vn for the lights ordered. Will put extra attention to detail to make sure these are built RIGHT to make it worthy of of our Bulletproof host :)

I'm very happy to hear how well the initial sale went for you and your team. It's exciting to think about what the future holds for this project.

For those of us who are new to P60 drop-ins, what's the procedure for swapping out P60 modules in the SLN host?

Patriot

Flashaholic
I think $250 is a crazy bargain for what we are getting. Low production, incredibly heavy-duty, Sky Lumen product? Yeah, everything about this is awesome.

I join everyone else here in pure ecstasy to be apart of this....

+1

Patriot

Flashaholic
Why do you guys want it in Cu?! Its already 11.5oz fully loaded. Cu will likely make it 2 lbs ahhahahah

That's why I want a SLN with Cu head, 7075 body, HC Ti tailcap, 12 mixed, high CRI led mule, full polish! :crackup:

That crazy thing is, I'm not even joking! Besides it's lighter than all Cu. :D

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I'm very happy to hear how well the initial sale went for you and your team. It's exciting to think about what the future holds for this project.

For those of us who are new to P60 drop-ins, what's the procedure for swapping out P60 modules in the SLN host?

I will make a video for this. For now...

1MGPgNp.jpg

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's as easy as spinning off the bezel at the head while being mindful to not let the lens fall out. The drop in will almost fall into your hand when tipping it over. Be sure not to get any fingerprints on the reflector. Take out the drop in put the new one in and carefully put the bezel and lens back on.

It's almost as easy as replacing the flashlights battery. The drop in will practically fall into place with almost no adjustments.

I think Vinh likes to wrap the drop in with aluminum foil for better heat transfer. There are instructions for this on his drop in sales link at his store.

You can probably find a video on changing a drop in on You Tube as well.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I had a difficult time deciding what emitter(s) to go with, but ultimately settled on a W2 triple. Would have gone quad W2 or W1, or even smooth reflector W1.1, but I really wanted one of those green glow gaskets!

What did you all pick?

I felt obligated to go with the 12 x XPL 5000K V6 because I think this combo encompasses Sky Lumen's philosophy of being the newest and highest performing at the time of release. Vinh's lights are always a cut above everything else that's commonly available and I want to make sure that 027 gets the best! Also, I know that Vinh really likes mules and who knows what the future might be for this light. Certainly, the SLN is a milestone in Sky Lumen's timeline and I think it would give honor to the SLN project if 027 were to remain in it's original build configuration, no matter who owns it. Bonus, I can also use the light for photography if I want.

My next pick would be a W2 triple or quad because this LED is just so freaking awesome. Running only two or three of them at moderate levels will give plenty of output and throw while staying cool and allowing great runtimes. I enjoy all color temperatures as long as there aren't hints of blue or green and that's why I think the W2 is so neat. It kinda does everything well.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
So glad 000&027 gets to live together. I promised I will buy them back someday when I am there! Only wished dad was with me for all the tests to see our light made it.

YnhHi9S.jpg

KYvpURi.jpg

Hg8qDeO.jpg

Last edited: