• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my SLN #011 on Friday!

Just haven't had too much time to post since. This is a truly a battleship of a light.

The anodizing is out of this world! It's like metal velvet, if that makes sense. This feels like what I imagine the surface of the SR-71 would feel like, definitely straight out of DARPA. While it's BIG, it's not "massive"- it makes a Malkoff MD2 feel like a Lumintop AA Tool by comparison. This thing is hilarious! The button is super easy to find with gloves too, this will make a fantastic winter light. The threads are every bit as chonk as the rest of the light, but also buttery smooth. As previously noted, I don't think I've ever seen threads like this on any light, let alone device of this size.

Carried it all day today running errands and it's totally doable for a pocket light, honestly still withing the size range to not remember you are carrying it- I guess this is only true with the caveat of being used to MD2 carry and similar sized lights....

SkyLumen Nyugen- for when overkill is SOP!

Patriot

Flashaholic
I enjoyed your report dotCPF! The pictures of the threads on this light look like nothing else. I can't wait to try them in person!

Patriot

Flashaholic
Camo is nice but it cost way more than regular cerakote. I dint know it was that much when I sent it in for the job...Cost me $150 just for the Cerakote job!!!

I must have missed the picture of the Camo finish or perhaps I saw it and then somehow forgot..haha. Can you steer me back to this picture?

daffy

Enlightened
I must be about the last one to get the SLN..stupid Aussie Post i hate them with a passion.

daffy

Enlightened
It arrived just now, the torch that all others will now be judged against. Not just a light, its art to my eyes.
Beam
mPwYuCp.jpg

Light Specs
S3O8Qvn.jpg

Light
OgEGkgm.jpg

scout24

Flashaholic
Great to see pics and comments on these as they get out into the wild! Vinh- Any word on batch number two? 😁

Icehole

Enlightened
I arrived home yesterday with the first of two SLN waiting for me!
#002 arrived with a Single W2 Drop-in installed.

I really cannot add any thoughts not already expressed above, it is massive, and a beautiful finish...very happy, and the W2 throws with a large hot spot, very nice!

Thank you Vinh, your father would be very proud of you, I know I am!

just look at the finish!

Patriot

Flashaholic
I must be about the last one to get the SLN..stupid Aussie Post i hate them with a passion.

You're definitely not the last, daffy but congratulations to you and Icehole. Your lights looks crazy nice! I'm hoping I'll be in the same boat as you guys pretty soon!

daffy

Enlightened
You're definitely not the last, daffy but congratulations to you and Icehole. Your lights looks crazy nice! I'm hoping I'll be in the same boat as you guys pretty soon!
Wow how could ANY postal system be worse than ours.. we kid you not its worth the wait as you can see.
Totally overbuilt light that I've decided no one else is worthy and i shall have it buried with me :)

Patriot

Flashaholic
Postal system is usually pretty good but I think Vinh's working on my light still. As you can imagine, I excited to hold a working SLN!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I got this flag at Goodwill and it was brand new sealed! I was so excited to see that its made in USA! I have another flag but the stars are not embroiled like this one is and is not made in USA either. From now on I will save this flag as background for USA made lights ;-)

May be I will get a high quality embroiled Chinese flag to use as background on the most premium true Chinese branded lights ...hmmm...

Are these bad ideas? ahhaah

YCf10Wn.jpg

daffy

Enlightened
Got my SLN #011 on Friday!

Just haven't had too much time to post since. This is a truly a battleship of a light.

The anodizing is out of this world! It's like metal velvet, if that makes sense. This feels like what I imagine the surface of the SR-71 would feel like, definitely straight out of DARPA. While it's BIG, it's not "massive"- it makes a Malkoff MD2 feel like a Lumintop AA Tool by comparison. This thing is hilarious! The button is super easy to find with gloves too, this will make a fantastic winter light. The threads are every bit as chonk as the rest of the light, but also buttery smooth. As previously noted, I don't think I've ever seen threads like this on any light, let alone device of this size.

Carried it all day today running errands and it's totally doable for a pocket light, honestly still withing the size range to not remember you are carrying it- I guess this is only true with the caveat of being used to MD2 carry and similar sized lights....

SkyLumen Nyugen- for when overkill is SOP!
Mine sits next to an MD2 as well, same height and both lights are keepers.
I might get the blue LED changed when i have a few more $$, lose to much visual clarity.

Samlittle

Enlightened
Great FLAG. The stars are embroidered though, VINH - not embroiled (well at least not literally). Trying to help.

Sam

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nah I like it Vinh, the flag is a very pretty backdrop and a great idea to signify US made on site!

That camo does look wicked, even looks good with the AHC clip!

Samlittle

Enlightened
Speaking of dummy - I may qualify - so I have to ask - Does the Lil Vortex mule, set into the SLN, have a lens over the LEDs or are they open faced? Another thread got me to ask, and I can't really tell from looking at photos. Thanks.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Speaking of dummy - I may qualify - so I have to ask - Does the Lil Vortex mule, set into the SLN, have a lens over the LEDs or are they open faced? Another thread got me to ask, and I can't really tell from looking at photos. Thanks.

3mm ultra tough tempered Lens protecting the LEDs of course

Keitho

Enlightened
I only own two P60 hosts. They arrived yesterday. Does this make me a "P60 guy" yet?

Two more different beams don't exist side by side, a 4000k high-CRI SST20 mule and a 6800k W1.1 pencil beam thrower.

Those poor SST20's are so crowded!

My initial thoughts on the SLN...I was prepared for a monstrous brick, but it isn't as large or heavy as all the hype. It's not for skinny jeans pockets, but it isn't a blfgt. The wall of light from that awesome mule is a thing to behold. I'll be using for photography, as a nightlight, camp light, work light in the garage, etc.

And, that 1.1 thrower is really special. My suburban neighborhood isn't big enough to see how it really throws, so I can't wait to get it out to stretch it's legs. 200 yards down my street wasn't even close to enough room!