• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

Renegadethreads

Newly Enlightened
Longer with slots is my preference. It's not going to be a small light either way.

i do hate to think if I will be able to fight the urge to fill all the slots on at least two of my three lights.

Any word on a potential coupler?

Samlittle

Enlightened
I prefer shorter with slots only on the sides. BUT - you said "rear trits is a must" for you :thinking:

Funny, I thought just the opposite. Wouldn't it tail stand with a flatter end?

After all though, it's your light Vinh - you tell us. :thumbsup:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I prefer shorter with slots only on the sides. BUT - you said "rear trits is a must" for you :thinking:

Funny, I thought just the opposite. Wouldn't it tail stand with a flatter end?

After all though, it's your light Vinh - you tell us. :thumbsup:

Well light would tail stand regardless. That's one thing this light doesn't have trouble with.
Trits is a must on the rear for me because I cant afford to install trits on the sides. hahah

I strongly think the trit slots should stay... honestly, you could even put a few more. Can the clip hold one long trit down the middle? If I were to ever want the ultimate P60, I'd immediately save for this light with full trits. Knowing it is an option increases my appreciation for the SLN! It's not that pricey when you consider how much cooler 14 trits is, compared to a large cerakoted light. Similar price there.

Zandar

Enlightened
I still like the trit slots on the end but, you already know what I would like "S"pe"L"Led out o"N" the end cap anyway!!!!

Patriot

Flashaholic
...you already know what I would like "S"pe"L"Led out o"N" the end cap anyway!!!!

Haha!!!! Very clever! :)

I think the rear slots should stay because we're not talking about a compact 21700 to start with. Also, it's the lowest cost trit option to fill all the slots, which is helpful for many of us.

What length difference are we talking about, 2.5mm?

BTW, great design Vinh! :twothumbs

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Hey Vinh, can you fit 3x15's on the back instead of 2x12's? What if you removed that step and made it all one diameter? You'd have more room for your logo as well.

I ask because the 3mm trits are noticeably brighter. I don't even purchase 2mm trits anymore.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hey Vinh, can you fit 3x15's on the back instead of 2x12's? What if you removed that step and made it all one diameter? You'd have more room for your logo as well.

I ask because the 3mm trits are noticeably brighter. I don't even purchase 2mm trits anymore.

Point Considered. Let me think about this.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
vheBCsX.jpg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I made a mistake. All the trits both side and rear are 3X15mm!!!
Going to be one bright *** tail cap for those that can afford the install ;-)

The rear edgee are rounded even more now for comfort:

bMd9UxJ.jpg

I honestly can't afford it but if you made the mule lil vortex somehow put out all 10k lumens, perhaps by thickening the heat sink to push LEDs out more... I may save up the $600 for it fully loaded LOL. It's that awesome... jeez Vinh what a light!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Wow this thread has had a a lot of activity! Love the tritted tail!! I would love to load one with all green trits!!

#15 SLN should be in my mailbox today after work. I will be the proud custodian of #15 and #31. :D

Is it possible to purchase only the tail cap, install all trits, and screw it on a different 21700 budget P60 host that can get all 10k lumens from the LilVortex? I'd totally do that. It should work as long as the host is a side switch right?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Who actually thinks the White MCPCB on LilV will make a lumen difference that is detectable?

Zandar

Enlightened
Who actually thinks the White MCPCB on LilV will make a lumen difference that is detectable?
Detectable to our eyes or your lumen measuring tube? And this rendering of the tail cap looks great as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zandar

Enlightened
So are we talking about a fully loaded tail cap that will cost upwards of $ 250?