SL ProTac Rail Mount 1 + 16340 is a no-go

Bambuino

Newly Enlightened
Had some ratting to do last night, and thought would try these new Orbies I got recently. It is a no-go.

The Orbtronic 800mAh 16340 is easily 2mm longer than the 123 primes been using. I suppose tolerances are tighter with these dualie fuelie lights.

Certainly not a deal breaker. The Rail Mount 1 is a great little light. Nice hot spot at 40YD, and decent spill for quick scans and acqusition. Have to say the remote switch is very nice when deployed. IMHO, prolly the best thing going in a sub-100$ light duty weapon light.
M.
IMG_0069.JPG

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had some ratting to do last night, and thought would try these new Orbies I got recently. It is a no-go.

The Orbtronic 800mAh 16340 is easily 2mm longer than the 123 primes been using. I suppose tolerances are tighter with these dualie fuelie lights.

Certainly not a deal breaker. The Rail Mount 1 is a great little light. Nice hot spot at 40YD, and decent spill for quick scans and acqusition. Have to say the remote switch is very nice when deployed. IMHO, prolly the best thing going in a sub-100$ light duty weapon light.
M.
View attachment 36968
If you tried that Orbtronic cell in that light and it would not fit, you may want to consider that your 'lucky day'. Had it fit, your light might well no longer be functional.

That light is not designed to use any type of 3.7/4.2V lithium ion cell - neither '16340' nor '14500'. You may check that with SL Customer Service, and I'm confident they will confirm that info.