• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SL2c (Must Have)

harryk387

Newly Enlightened
Yeah sounds like triple xpg2 or triple 219c would be my two options. Tixx, anyway you can get a couple of outdoor beamshots so i can see the output of your 219c? Would really appreciate it :)

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll try tonight with my phone and my garage as the target

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah sounds like triple xpg2 or triple 219c would be my two options. Tixx, anyway you can get a couple of outdoor beamshots so i can see the output of your 219c? Would really appreciate it :)
About 75 feet away from a garage.
418815370a18cd0093855fad3dbb6468.jpg

SA Condor

Enlightened
South Carolina and Bolivia, South America
Just received my SL2c. I was excited, so I opened it right away and grabbed one of the 3 batteries that I bought with it, and dropped it in. Click . . . nothing . . . click . . . nothing. I started to panic a little! I took it apart and inspected it closer. The batteries were flat top and it looked like they weren't making connection. This morning I found my solder paste, solder, etc and made some buttons. Once I had them ready, I dropped one in, click . . . Light!!

I used it tonight on a late walk, awesome light!!

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
The batteries were flat top and it looked like they weren't making connection. This morning I found my solder paste, solder, etc and made some buttons. Once I had them ready, I dropped one in, click . . . Light!!

Condor, I don't want to hijack the tread but could you list the tools & materials you used to make the button tops.
I have some great batteries with Flat TOPS, BUT I need Button tops

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my SL2c. I was excited, so I opened it right away and grabbed one of the 3 batteries that I bought with it, and dropped it in. Click . . . nothing . . . click . . . nothing. I started to panic a little! I took it apart and inspected it closer. The batteries were flat top and it looked like they weren't making connection. This morning I found my solder paste, solder, etc and made some buttons. Once I had them ready, I dropped one in, click . . . Light!!

I used it tonight on a late walk, awesome light!!
Why did it not work with flat top? Since this has Springs in both ends I figured they would work.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same problem. I'm using a small magnet on the positive until I get some button tops.

SA Condor

Enlightened
South Carolina and Bolivia, South America
I enjoyed it on my walk. Puts out a lot of light! Vinh suggested I not get the extra copper since I was getting a single emitter. I went ahead and got it anyways, and I'm glad I did. It's on 1-30-100 NM and I used it on 30% most of the time. It got hot/warm, never uncomfortable. I imagine that it would be a lot hotter without that extra .3 oz of copper in there. I'm pleased with my decision!

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I enjoyed it on my walk. Puts out a lot of light! Vinh suggested I not get the extra copper since I was getting a single emitter. I went ahead and got it anyways, and I'm glad I did. It's on 1-30-100 NM and I used it on 30% most of the time. It got hot/warm, never uncomfortable. I imagine that it would be a lot hotter without that extra .3 oz of copper in there. I'm pleased with my decision!
Oh, both mine are triple. Maybe why the spring difference.

Kekoa61

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, I love this light! I made a commitment to step up my light game for 2016, and this was my first step in that direction. Thanks for the fabulous light and easy, friendly customer service!

Jannojj

Newly Enlightened
Hi, any quad broads still available ? I am looking to Maybe get one ?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hi, any quad broads still available ? I am looking to Maybe get one ?

I can put quads in this light but not much advantage since the dead is too small. Quads requires a larger head for full potential.

HarleyXJGuy

Newly Enlightened
Let me see if I have this right.

I can take the 18650 body off of my Convoy S2+ wrap it in the SL2Cvn head and tailcap and be good to go?

HarleyXJGuy

Newly Enlightened

Ok thanks.

Mine just got here today. Charging the battery that came with it and about to try out a Convoy S2+ 18650 body. Will be nice to have battery and size options.

Ok so I tried it out and it turns out you guys are smart. Convoy S2+ and the SL2cvn are the same body. The 18650 tube fit and worked like a charm. I am not one to mix and match colors but I don't hate it so much.

Last edited: