• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SL2c (Must Have)

HarleyXJGuy

Newly Enlightened
So first impressions.

I picked up a Triple XPL 4000k from the testing and devlopment sale thread.

I have a Malkoff 61N drop in that I use in my Surefire 6P. While the 6P and the SL2c both render colors the same to my uncalibrated eye the SL2c is noticeably more white. Not necessarily a bad thing just an observation.

As for brightness, holy wall of light Batman. Lights up pretty much my whole back yard. Inside it is a very nice large hotspot with little to no spill.

On my Toolvn I use the three level mode with no memory. The 30 percent second level is perfect for regular use. With the SL2c I have it set for 6 levels and it is so bright the 5 percent or whatever the second level is works great for up close flashlight work.

Very happy with it so far and only wish it has a sub one lumen moonlight. With the three LED's the 1 percent level is much to bright for getting up at night and not bothering my wife or daughter.

Last edited:

Thin Man

Newly Enlightened
How waterproof/water resistant in the SL2c? I am going on a canoe trip and want to know if it is ok to take.

BTW, awesome light.

Thanks.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
How waterproof/water resistant in the SL2c? I am going on a canoe trip and want to know if it is ok to take.

BTW, awesome light.

Thanks.

Not sure what rating it would be but I used it in the rain no problem.

Noclue

Newly Enlightened
I know I am late to this thread, but does anyone know how many lumens on the Single Mode Max Brightness with XML2 U2 6500K Dome On? I have a few throwers, now I am looking for an EDC with a lot of output and this looks great. Thanks!

Venompower

Newly Enlightened
I've just order an SL2c with triple Nichia 219c, clip and engraving.

Can't wait to receive it!

Does anyone has put a glowing decal behind the lens on these?
I took the clip to carry it while I try to find a solution to install a more solid clip on it, like a titanium clip with two titanium screws on the tail.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've just order an SL2c with triple Nichia 219c, clip and engraving.

Can't wait to receive it!

Does anyone has put a glowing decal behind the lens on these?
I took the clip to carry it while I try to find a solution to install a more solid clip on it, like a titanium clip with two titanium screws on the tail.

Well, looking forward to hearing how you like the light?