Small & Powerful

Average Joe

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,
I'm looking around for a small, yet powerful single-18650 flashlight. More flooder than thrower.
I'm kind of attracted to the Thrunite TN12, which puts out in excess of 600 lumens, and is still very "pocketable".
What are the alternatives? Any suggestions?
I'm open to all brands.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to go against the grain with what everyone is saying. Instead, check out the SC600w. :p

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my Thrunite TN21. It's what I've been looking for as far as XM-L and 18650. It will be a bit brighter on a pair of IMR16340's, but it will heat up faster too.

Average Joe

Newly Enlightened
Gee fellas, Thanks.... so many recommendations for the SC600:thumbsup:

Trouble is, there isn't a local distributor for these lights
in my little corner of the world. I could buy online but I'd rather buy locally just in case....
Any others? I reckon around 450-500 lumens or thereabouts on high should do me just fine.

yifu

Enlightened
Gee fellas, Thanks.... so many recommendations for the SC600:thumbsup:

Trouble is, there isn't a local distributor for these lights
in my little corner of the world. I could buy online but I'd rather buy locally just in case....
Any others? I reckon around 450-500 lumens or thereabouts on high should do me just fine.
Where do you live? The chances of your local supermarket/shop having flashoholic output lights is very slim indeed. All i see in "dedicated" camping gear shops are 2D maglites and 3AAA 70 lumen lights. Shopping online is often the best bet, and definitely would be your only bet when you go up into the higher output category.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF Average Joe. I've seen a few others from Singapore on these forums, hopefully some will chime in as to where to get some nice lights. The brands you mentioned are pretty good, they just happen to not be Zebralight. Hopefully that will change for you all in Singapore.