• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

So... who scored during today's drop?

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine from the mini-drop last week and stuck a blue boot in to match my Boss and Sigma ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1492569208.124396.jpg

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you do to put the boot in? Every time I switch one of mine out it's one hell of a struggle with the tweezers and a lot of scratching lol

I just grabbed the boot and pinched it out. The Boss was harder because of the extended lip, I had to lever out the oring. No scratches yet!

To replace it for the one, I just put the boot on and then jammed the oring over it. With the Boss I put the oring and boot on at the same time, and tamped down the oring during installation to make sure it stayed.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just grabbed the boot and pinched it out. The Boss was harder because of the extended lip, I had to lever out the oring. No scratches yet!

To replace it for the one, I just put the boot on and then jammed the oring over it. With the Boss I put the oring and boot on at the same time, and tamped down the oring during installation to make sure it stayed.

Thanks for the feedback...it was easy for me to get out, but super hard to put back in lol. I agree about the BOSS though; the coating on it is super tough! My Okluma has tons of tiny hairline scratches as a result but the BOSS held up to the boot replacement like, well, a boss.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the feedback...it was easy for me to get out, but super hard to put back in lol. I agree about the BOSS though; the coating on it is super tough! My Okluma has tons of tiny hairline scratches as a result but the BOSS held up to the boot replacement like, well, a boss.

I just kinda jammed it in there with the Okluma, Boss takes some finesse.

What did you swap the black with?

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do I remove the pill from an Okluma? Want to put H17f in there

after you unscrew the engine from the head, you will need to unsolder the wires to the LED board, and then pop the driver out of the bottom. put in a H17F driver and resolder to the LED board. done. :)

gunga

Flashaholic
There is also a ground wire inside. It is soldered onto the board and screwed into the pill. You will need to remove it and solder it onto the H17F.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
after you unscrew the engine from the head, you will need to unsolder the wires to the LED board, and then pop the driver out of the bottom. put in a H17F driver and resolder to the LED board. done. :)

Thanks. So I just put my spammer wrench by those two indentations on top and bottom in this pic?

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1492812825.817874.jpg?